Don Fig

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
captain static

Don Fig

Post by captain static »

There is an article in the October 2004 Kentucky Living magazine entitled "Keeper of the Gorge" about Don and his new position as Director of the Gladie Cultural and Environmental Learning Center.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
Steve

Post by Steve »

Its an nice little article with some great pics of the guy. His words ring true when he describes the type of folks he ends up rescuing!
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Shit. Don't get me started.

Keeper of the gorge.....geesh. More like....

Keeper of the heat in his truck on while you go rescue your friends by yourself.

Next victim....Don Fig.....oh wait, I already mentioned him in a song.

Is he still alive?? Dang.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

LOL, I was waiting for that, Kris.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

Don Fig is a great asset to anyone who loves the red river gorge...He is a true legend in his own time.
If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains...You're lucky enough...
SCGC

Post by SCGC »

or is that mind?
JB

Post by JB »

i understand that a bad personal experience left a bitter taste in somebodies mouth, but the record clearly shows his dedication and commitment. i'm sad Don didn't go "rescue" your dumbass friend (who turned out just fine and hadn't been missing long enough to warrant a true worry). Too bad you over-reacted to it, just like you did when the FS was coming to "arrest" you and SCIN for placing a bolt at Sky Bridge Ridge. It's weird to hold a grudge against somebody when you are the one who created the wrong.

IE (if i may use an analogy):

TheMayor: "Boy that 512OW doesn't follow through with his promises. He promised me a copy of a picture a long time ago."
512OW: "Oh yeah... I'll try to get that for you."
TheMayor: (long time passes) "... hmmm, more empty promises. The guy doesn't keep any promises. I mean ANY. He probably lies to his kid, all his family, his friends, and himself. I will never ever believe anything he says again."
512OW: "But look at all these promises I've kept. I can prove it."
TheMayor: "That doesn't matter, because it's all about me and my selfishness!"

Sad... sad. :twisted:

not trying to give you a guilt trip or anything... it's just an anaology... i swear. :mrgreen:
[size=75]i may be weak, but i have bad technique[/size]
Steve

Post by Steve »

Damn thats some funny shit Mayor. You're bringing up the old kywilderness days...man those were some good old days.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
ynot

Post by ynot »

That name always makes me think of Fig Newtons.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
ender_xx

Post by ender_xx »

mm... man i haven't had or thought about Fig Newtons in a long time, those things are good