Forest Service Road Nine is Open!

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
KD

Forest Service Road Nine is Open!

Post by KD »

They finally did it! It doesn't go all the way back yet on 9B but you can get at least as far as Dip Wall finally. It's nice to have the area open in time for fall/winter trips to Indian Creek Crag etc.
Last edited by KD on Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dwayne

Post by Dwayne »

Hey, that's great! I'm sure I will see it today, but is it one lane past the bad area, or did they somehow fix the entire road for two lanes?
KD

Post by KD »

its always been kind of a one laner there. It looks a bit on the loose side still, I guess because of the rain they had last week but it will get you there. I don't know why the road to purple Valley is still closed though.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

How far of a walk is it from where the drivable road ends and the parking lot for Purple Valley?
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Spray Lord

Post by Spray Lord »

Not far at all. The road is open all the way to the second crossing (directly undernieth Indian Creek). You only have to cross that second crossing and walk a couple hundred feet to get to the start of the approach trail.

By the way, climb Social Butterfly while you are out there. Pretty short, but kinda cool.
In case you misunderstood, I wasn't soloing in reality. I was just bouldering the beginning of that route. I see no glory in soloing... unless it gets you on the cover of Rock & Ice.
ynot

Post by ynot »

It's a casual walk to Purple you dont even get your feet wet crossing the ford.
Some of the concrete slabs washed away.The road ends right below the approach for Indian creek. It was nice to climb the Lower gorge again. Thanx to the FS for getting it open!
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Jerry Bargo

Post by Jerry Bargo »

DAMN! That is terrible news and has ruined my evening. In fact, my entire month of October is ruined now.

Of course, you KNEW that I would be re-opened in time for hunting season.
ynot

Post by ynot »

We went to Indian creek on Sunday.There was the usual gunfire and campers,so the tourons know it's open.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney