Sending Up Yonder

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Danny, that's hysterical!!!

I should go try it both ways. I have to get the send still - I had it in one hang and was too thrashed the 2nd time.

I do want to try Way Up Yonder, but much later. I hope my belay bunny can throw my lunch to me on that ledge.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Ho, don't listen to that punk. He's just the wimp inside Danny's head that's terrified about going to face the big stone and wants to stay at home and climb in the gym. He's trying to make up for his insecurities by acting like a tough guy.
vic

Post by vic »

That 5.6 route is a 5.14 when you use only 1 in 3 holds... but don't worry, it's big and juggy (past all the dyno). Come one, where is the limit then? Where's the adventure? Why seek politics when there is no real need for it?
Here and again, if you feel great, skip the variation of steming... skip some holds... skip bolts too if you are that comfortable with it, because either way, Up Yunder is still a nice route - and worth doing.
! Enough with all that detestation ALREADY !
Smile & be thankful for what you have.
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Hey how do you know where to put your feet without the colored tape? :roll: I heard that when Moll did the FA that he stemmed also. Try it both ways. Either way you are climbing the rock, clipping the bolts and making it to the anchors. Of course one is going to be easier than the other. Just have fun, do it however you want and don't worry about the grade or what others think.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

My question is, why in the world would anyone want to get on that route at this time of year with all the green stuff growing on it? :P Good luck on it if you do get back on it though! :)

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Man, it really doesn't matter how you do the first part because it's just the approach for the cool pitch.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

go work it again and make notes of all the moves you do. a pen and 5.5 x 4 notepad works best. return to computer and compose your notes in to inteligible sentences. start doing this for every route you get on, and we will vote on approval for you.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

There wasn't anything green on it, but it was hard to grip the holds for the 3rd and 4th bolt - they were damp from the rain and humidity.
SikMonkey wrote:My question is, why in the world would anyone want to get on that route at this time of year with all the green stuff growing on it? :P Good luck on it if you do get back on it though! :)

Mj
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

Yeah, it's one of those that gets pretty slimy in the summer. Just keep at it though and you will get it.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
specialed

Post by specialed »

Anybody know how it looks after the first set of anchors?
superfly