RRGCC Answer

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Johnny wrote:Spragwa, you forgot to mention that these people have to do it full time and for free. And that the people they delegate to, will also do it part/full time and for free. Name names please.
Okay, but until the leadership changes I doubt you would get these volunteers to work with the RRGCC. Many of them have been rebuffed in their efforts to help. I don't agree with you that it has to be a full time job. I've always believed that a few good people could delegate properly. Umm like, the southeastern climber's coalition. Now there's a solid org.

Moya, Yasmeen, Erynn, Meadows, Diane, Vic, Matt (not my Matt), and many others with whom I have spoken but who would not like to be mentioned.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
overhung

Post by overhung »

Johnny wrote:Spragwa, you forgot to mention that these people have to do it full time and for free. And that the people they delegate to, will also do it part/full time and for free. Name names please.
Doesn't matter if they do it for free or not. If you want people's participation and money, then a degree of professionalism is expected. Gretchen is not professional.
I've had just about enough of this shit.
charlie

Post by charlie »

Johnny wrote: Wes, do you have an idea of who you would want as a leader of the RRGCC?
I can jump on this, not with a person but with an observation of what I consider the source of many of these issues.

The coalition needs to continue as a round table, with a director. What it needs however is some more experience with coorporate bullshit battles. When you suffer in Fortune 500 managing people and jumping through bureacratic hoops to get projects funded, you learn a lot about knowledge managment and selling proposals. You also develop good people management skills. From where I sit, there needs to be more of that kind of skillset.

I will never complain about what you guys have gotten accomplished, it truly is staggering. RRGCC is just going through some growing pains and strategy needs to be reevaluated in terms of future execution.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

:?:
Last edited by Johnny on Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
overhung

Post by overhung »

Maybe the coalition could fork over some serious cash to Ray, and he provide a little RRGCC News section? He too, I believe, provides this service for "free." No one's gonna routinely check out the coalition web site. Of couse, the leadership would probably eventually piss him off.
I've had just about enough of this shit.
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Oh, Johnny I also forgot to mention a few other things. One, that Todd C in Clay City would also be an amazing leader for the RRGCC and he would be willing as well.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

The other thing that I didn't mention is that a lot of people are donating their money to the SCC instead of the RRGCC now. No one from the SCC has solicited money and I know that they continue to encourage people to donate to the RRGCC. Some are just too frustrated to care.

-Everlast
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Last edited by Johnny on Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Oh I'm not saying it's solely to delegate. I'm just saying that if a person would delegate, it wouldn't be a full time job. Also, Shannon isn't the only one who has alienated volunteers and you know that.

-Everlast
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Last edited by Johnny on Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.