Dog Mauling at Torrent

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

I agree, Sik. Torrent is an amazingly special crag, I think.

Yasmeen is bringing the money down this weekend with a note expressing our gratitude and sympathy for his dog situation and I listed the names of the contributors from the paypal info I received.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
philip171

Post by philip171 »

Is it to late to kick any thing to the pot?
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Kinda. Yasmeen has all the money and is going down this week to give it to Mark. You can give your donation to him yourself, if you want, and just say what it's for?
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Yasmeen gave the money to Mark and Kathy and said they were totally appreciative.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

So, you are at Natural Bridge and you are caught with your dog, what's the penalty? I looked for the penalty on the sign and didn't see one. Is there even a penalty for that violation?
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

I gave the money to Kathy last Wednesday, and she was so grateful! She said that she and Mark are hoping to use the cash to do something for the climbers. I've been lucky enough to spend some time around the barbeque the past couple of weeks and talk to Mark and Kathy. I think it's cool that more and more climbers are getting to know them as more than just the owners of Torrent-- they're really great people.
stix

Post by stix »

I'll second that Yas. Mark and Kathy are really good folks and awesome to work for. I've had nothin but good experiences with them. They really like climbers and are totally supportive of what we do. Any contribution to help their cause is definitely worth while.
"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." Thoreau

Post by Guest »

I was with Yasi when she delivered the donations. Kathy was pretty choked up. It was sweet. You guys did a very good thing. They are definitely good folks. I know it means a lot to Kathy and Mark that climbers think so highly of them.
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

Yep, I will throw my hat in that ring. Power2U and I were discussing that very thing yesterday and we both agreed that the success they are enjoying is WELL deserved and couldn't happen to better people.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

That success did not come easy. Hard earned and well deserved. Love the climbing community! :!:
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS