yosemite

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
0aj0

yosemite

Post by 0aj0 »

going to yosemite in august, any route suggestions. boulder v7 and under, trad 5.9 and under.

Post by Guest »

Snake Dike on Half Dome and Royal Arches meet your criteria if my memory is serving me correctly. I haven't done them, but want to!

Check out supertopo.com for the skinny.

Post by Guest »

damn. I went to supertopo.com. YUM.

Do Matthes Crest, Tuolumne Meadows, 5.7 - it looks rad! Buncha stuff for you to check out there. I need to get to the Valley... I think it'll be pretty hot there in August, though. Tuolumne will serve you better.
JR

Post by JR »

If you have the bouldering guide for Yosemite look up Athletes Die Young V6 it is perfect. And the name is cool sounding. Also for a quick fix do Bishops Terrace The best 200 foot pitch of 5.8 climbing in the universe as far as I am concerned.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Dude you boulder v7 (like 5.12+) and and only climb 5.9 trad?

Wes
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
0aj0

Post by 0aj0 »

i boulder about v5 but can work harder problems and am just starting trad.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Anyone planning on being in Yosemite the first week of August? I'll be out there with my family and want to try to get a day or two of climbing in. I've never been, so if you have experience out there, all the better!
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Hmmm, let's see.......where oh where should my family go on vacation?.........hmmm, (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) Yosemite! Yeah, that's it, Yosemite! My family would love Yosemite!

Smooth, Yasgini! :P :lol:
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Get on "Short Circuit Crack" 5.11d. One of the hardest fingercracks I've ever done. Way harder than the 5.11d cracks at Indian Creek, UT and the New River Gorge, WV.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Thanks, Dipsi :wink: I try. Actually, it was all their idea-- we went out to Yosemite about 5 years ago, before I started climbing, and all loved it. My dad and I hiked Yosemite Falls, and have been saying we'll go back and hike Half Dome together, so this is our chance. :) Buuuuuut since we'll already be out there... I figure why not accidentally take my harness and shoes along?

J-Rock, I appreciate the beta, but I got shut down at the top of Return of Geoffe Beene... and that's a whole number grade easier than Short Circuit Crack!