brand new guide to the new river gorge

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
EL_TREVOR

brand new guide to the new river gorge

Post by EL_TREVOR »

i just returned from the new a couple days ago , bought a 30 guidebook and didnt use it , anyone wanna buy it ? like 15 bucks ?

avery
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

Which guidebook do you have? Why are you selling it? Did you not enjoy climbing at the New? :?
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
lordjim_2001

Post by lordjim_2001 »

This one

The New River Gorge Rock Climbers' Guidebook Second Edition by Steve Cater.

or this one

NEW RIVER ROCK: ROCK CLIMBS IN WEST VIRGINIA'S NEW RIVER GORGE
by Rick Thompson.

Inquiring minds man, inquiring minds.
Screw you guys. I'm going bowling.
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Keep it, use it, and enjoy one of the finest crags in the East.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
EL_TREVOR

Post by EL_TREVOR »

i did not like the new at all!
lordjim_2001

Post by lordjim_2001 »

You are just upset b/c it wasn't an overhanging "jug" haul. :lol:
squeezindlemmon

EL_TREVOR wrote:i did not like the new at all!
That is the saddest thing I've ever read. :shock:

Where did you go? Which routes did you get on? Did you meet Roger's of Rocky Top Retreat? Did you have breakfast at the Cathedral Cafe?

IF that was your first trip there, give it another chance. I live in Indy yet I've climbed at the New twice as much as I've climbed at the Red. You must be missing something!
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
lordjim_2001

Post by lordjim_2001 »

In el_trevor's defense he said he really enjoyed the soloing at Summersville lake and spent more time there than anything else.
EL_TREVOR

Post by EL_TREVOR »

yeah i think we missed alot , cause we climbed at kaymoor mostly and it was decent i guess , summersville was awesome though . yes we stayed at rogers 5 bucks a night was a bit pricey , but its ok .
squeezindlemmon

Summersville is the closest you can get to comparing the New with the Red. I guess it's just personal preference -- some people like overhanging routes and some people like technical stuff.

I still say give it another chance.... climb there when the weather's more favorable.... if you ask me, the real jewels of the New are at Endless, Beauty, Bubba, etc (although I did think Junkyard sucks).