Dog Mauling at Torrent

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Christian

Post by Christian »

I appreciate the generosity and concern I have observed on this thread and also the possibility that the responsible party may do the right thing.
Without diminshing my sincerity concerning the above statement:
I need a new engine in my 97 4runner, so could I have the donated money in that account Ray? Andy Lemmmon and I could come out to the Red if I could just get a new engine($6,ooo). :|
I try to be a good man but all that comes
of trying is I feel more guilty.
Ikkyu
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I'm gonna donate in a sec too.
Maybe Mark can use the money for a sign at the drive up.
Of course it is his for whatever he wants.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

We're up to $60! You all ROCK! I think it's a great cause and an important bond to establish and maintain.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Wes wrote:Do we get to find out who this person was?
We don't know who it was. We were just told that the guilty person has already or will be contacting Mark. I guess his anonymity is being protected and since I don't know the whole story I don't feel like I can challenge that. Maybe the guy didn't think the dog was injured? I don't know...
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

Christian wrote:I need a new engine in my 97 4runner, so could I have the donated money in that account Ray? Andy Lemmmon and I could come out to the Red if I could just get a new engine($6,ooo). :|
Christian, I know someone (a climber) who moved to Lander and set up a paypal account on his website to take up donations for:

1. Climbing Gear
2. Apartment Rental
3. Food and Drink

http://www.bretthost.com/tetonalpinist/home.html

Maybe you could do the same! :P

*** can definitely feel the LOVE in this forum today! :D
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Artsay wrote:We're up to $60! You all ROCK! I think it's a great cause and an important bond to establish and maintain.
Can't think of a better person to give Mark the donation.
I'm sure you will say just the right thing!
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Thanks Jeff! You're such a sweetie... :D

If that was my land and one of my woofers was mauled, I would be so mad and upset with *all* climbers. Climbers can do a hundred good things but one bad experience with one climber can ruin a relationship. I think it's like that in many aspects of life. Hopefully, with communication and compasion (...and money doesn't hurt too :P ), Mark and his family will be able to still view the climbing community as a caring and considerate group.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

$80 and counting...
I am DEFINITELY feeling the love on this forum today. :)
chester

Post by chester »

Yeah, it sucks when your dog gets beat up. Especially when he did not provoke it. Tony and I have really been working with our dog. Lucky Duck has been doing so good at Puppy Day Care and the Doggy Park, but last night he was attacked (unprovoked) by two dogs.
These two dogs are known to be bullies and for the past couple of weeks I've seen them go after other dogs. I've just been waiting for them to jump the Duck because he won't cower down like the other dogs. The male jumped the Duck and his sister jumped in to help him out. Duck put up a good fight, but they were faster, bigger and a bit more feisty.
The owner felt bad about it and when it started tried to whack their dog on the back, I told him to let them work it out. I figure if they want to start it, then they better be prepared for a big surprise. Duck tried to run away but they kept overtaking him. You would have thought from the fierce growling and snapping that they were going to kill each other. It seemed to go on forever, but finally it broke up after the Duck overtook the male, had him on the ground having a little talk with him about his attitude. At that point the female ran away. We pulled them apart figuring that they had enough.
In the end, the only inguries were the self inflicted wounds of bloody tongues.
Don't get me wrong, my dog isn't an innocent little angel, I must say he could turn the other cheek every once in a while.
[size=84]Women are like tea bags. They don't know how strong they are until they get into hot water.[/size]
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

OK, we've been holding at $90 for the past few hours. You all are awesome. We'll give it a week or so so get your donations in now!