projects..goals for the summer

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

My goal is to travel a little more so that I can continue to appreciate what's right here at my home.

I also want to have more fun with the climbs and just relax when I'm at the crag.

Oh but getting stronger and leaner is definitely up there on my goal list too.

WOW 20 lbs Dipsi...You go girl!!!!!! That's awesome.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Spragwa, Start running even in the rain!
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Fuck that. No way.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

I should probably start running too. At least that way the approach to Torrent wouldn't feel like a damn K2 summit attempt. What the hell am I saying.....I hate running.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

:lol:
jefflehmkuhl

Post by jefflehmkuhl »

snoopdogg wrote:Jefflehmkul, how can you make such sad excuses to not climb when Tommy Caldwell is climbing with one finger missing? A friend of mine climbs very well with a bad finger each year.
The ignorance of your statement clearly shows that you are do not know Tommy Caldwell, and that you have no idea he amount of time that it took his finger to heal before he was able to climb with what is left of it. You also continue to show you ignorance when you compare me(or anyone for that matter) to your friend(or anyone else). You know nothing of my finger injuries, nor, from the sounds of it, do you understand the physiology of the body either. You see my little puppydogg, when the body is injured, and not left to rest and heal, it continues to further injure the already injured part, which you might have guessed by now, would result in more time off healing and recuperating.i.e. no climbing for a longer period of time. So, next time before you try and "tell me how it is", just do yourself a favor and think about what you are going to say, and how I am going to respond.

Post by Guest »

the fish is on the line!
snoopdogg

Post by snoopdogg »

jefflehhkuhl, you obviously have not been climbing for a very long period of time. You are right that I don't know Tommy Caldwell. That has nothing to do with anything. The only thing I heard is you making excuses about having an injured finger and not being able to climb.

I'm just saying that if you had a stronger body it would be able to heal more quickly and you wouldn't have any excuses not to climb. I far too often hear people on this board complaining of injuries when there are people like Tommy Caldwell and that guy who did El Captain in the wheelchair in that climbing video (great video by the way! Thanks guys! :D ) out there climbing with handicaps. I have a handicap myself and I don't let it stop me from climbing. I don't like to talk about it because I feel people will think I'm making excuses (and it's kind of embarassing! :oops: ) but I have had an ingrown toenail (severely ingrown!) for over a year now and have not let it stop me from climbing. Maybe you should toughen up!
It's a dog eat dog world out there!
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

Trollin trollin trollin, keep them gumbies trollin.........

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
moonbeam

Post by moonbeam »

Tommy Halffinger?