Anyone going to the LAC meetings?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
maitri

Anyone going to the LAC meetings?

Post by maitri »

Hey, is anybody going up to Burlington to the LAC meeting on Thursday? I can't make the meetings in Lexington or Natural Bridge next week, so I'm going to this one.

I want to see what they say about recreation and impacts and archaeology and climbing and camping and partiers and tour buses and so forth. (I'm nothing if not curious.)

I sure would like to see lots of climbers there.

Anyone else going?
captain static

Post by captain static »

I'll be there.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
KD

Post by KD »

Where in Lexington are the meetings?
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

I might make Lexington if it's after Wednesday. Geeze, maitri, where have you been?
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
maitri

Post by maitri »

Hey, Captain, I'm glad to hear you'll be there. See you soon.

KD, the Lexington meetings are going to be held at the downtown library next Thursday from 2-4 pm and again from 6-8 pm.

Hi, Dipsi! I've been working on the waltz and Argentine tango, but I'm ready to start climbing again. Want to put up a rope for me on a ridiculously easy route and watch me flail? I'd love to see you again, girl.
KD

Post by KD »

I'm from Louisville, can somebody give me directions to the library in Lexington?

thanks
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

How 'bout my talented friend/leader puts it up and we flail together? Got some neat places to climb...............Good to hear from you! Can't make Lexington, my daughter is getting an award that night.
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
captain static

Post by captain static »

Just wanted to report on the LAC meeting in Burlington. The meeting was informational in nature. Presentations were made on archaeological & biological resources. The area that will be subject to the LAC is the Geologic Area/Clifty Wilderness plus the new Archaeologic District that also includes the Indian Creek drainage. The LAC will be solely focussed on recreation, recreational impacts, and acceptable limits for recreational impacts. Quantifiable measures of impact will be determined along with measures that will be taken to address impacts if they go beyond acceptable limits. Altogether the process is expected to take at least two years.

Prior to the meeting a little research revealed that the Black Canyon of the Gunnison has been going through the same process. Not suprisingly, they are proposing to use a Climbing Management Plan in the Black Canyon as part of the LAC.

There will be plenty for climbers to do to help this process move along such as help inventory resources (i.e. user defined trails, campsites, etc.), fill out user surveys, and provide input on what type of climbing experiences they want in the future. This same program is being presented at the upcoming Derby Fest and the first official LAC Planning meeting will be held on the Tuesday immediately following Memorial Day. So get informed & get involved.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
maitri

Post by maitri »

Slithering?=climbing
Snakes?=climbers

Ray, is this a gift from you? If so, I'm honored.

Greetings.
Love, Maitri
maitri

Post by maitri »

okay, how about CLIMBING?
c.l.i.m.b.i.n.g?