Weekday RQ climbing partner(s) needed

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
bigwhipper

Weekday RQ climbing partner(s) needed

Post by bigwhipper »

Hey Cincy climbers, I am looking for a Rockquest partner on Tuesday or Wednesday nights. Been climbing at CT but I need to work on my endurance. Anybody out there?
Rain Man

Post by Rain Man »

For right now, Thursday is the only realy day I can commit (including tomorrow). My schedule should change for the better in a few weeks, but even still, with T-TH being $6 for students (even part time students with a full-time "real" job in industry), it just makes sense to save the $$

I've been wanting to get back on the lead wall at RQ, anyway, because endurance is the biggest factor that's holding me back, right now.
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."
D. H. Lawrence
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

bigwhipper, were you there last night? MeetVA and I were there.

I usually go once or twice a week, but I haven't committed to a set schedule or anything. If I'm there and you need a catch, just let me know!
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
superjen

Post by superjen »

bigwhipper, I also am trying to work on endurance. Tuesday I can climb 8:30 to 10, small window, and Weds are usually pretty good. like Yasmeen, i was also there Wed. night, were you??
..those who can most truly be accounted brave are those who best know the meaning of what is sweet in life and what is terrible, and then go out, undeterred, to meet what is to come. -Pericles
bigwhipper

Post by bigwhipper »

hey Yasmeen I know you, this is Karsten, Bennie and Tracey's bro-in-law.
No I wasn't there last night, went to CT. I didn't want to chance showing up to RQ and not finding partners. I am psyched to climb routes so what nights/times are you folks there?
superjen

Post by superjen »

Hey Karsten, jefflehmkuhl said you pass his "good people" test, and I can make it to RQ pretty much any night if I know ahead of time. Let me know!
..those who can most truly be accounted brave are those who best know the meaning of what is sweet in life and what is terrible, and then go out, undeterred, to meet what is to come. -Pericles
bigwhipper

Post by bigwhipper »

wow, kinda scary knowing jeff has a good people test, I dont remember taking it! I will probably be up for going next week, Tues or Wed. Maybe even this weekend because its gonna rain at the red.
superjen

Post by superjen »

yeah, it did rain Sunday, though Saturday was gorgeous. I might be up for Wednesday. PM me if you are interested.
captain static

Post by captain static »

If anyone is willing to lobby to have me put back on the routesetters list @ CT, I am willing to set some endurance & power endurance circuits.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
superjen

Post by superjen »

captain static, why were you taken OFF the list in the first place?