Sponsorship

Discussions full of RAGE!
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

wow easy now Andy. I asked simple question and got the usual rrc.com smart-ass answer so I thought I'd play that game.

so chill out and get over yourself, this whole thing's just a game right/
Last edited by rhunt on Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

wow, I guess it depends on what family of inbreeding you are from...in the hollers of SoILL we thought a chuffer was merely someone who sprayed, talked shit, but barely could climb 5.9 or 5.10...
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
andy_lemon

Post by andy_lemon »

rhunt wrote:this whole thing's just a game right/
I just rolled the dice... they said "no".
Not a bitch.
J

Post by J »

Sponsored climbers don't just get free shoes n money, they also get customized shoes. there are climbers who wore the Boreal Matrix with the insole from the Pyro's. These climbers also usually get incentive money from their sponsors for comps. I wish i was sponsored.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

oooooh, the customized shoes..now it all makes sense....
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
merrick

Post by merrick »

people climb for whatever reasons they climb for. some for ego, some for fun.

i am a pragmatist. do whatever works for you. sometimes i need the ego stroken of hard grades or sending a problem that 15 people are projecting in one go, but most of the time as long as i feel that i am progressing i don't really care about grades or spray. for me it is all about doing one move that i thought was impossible. that is the coolest feeling in the world for me.

some pro's get off on ego stroken some dont.

i am not sure i would want the pressure of having to constantly perform or having to spray about my accomplishments in a way that pleased my sponsers, but if i had the skills i would definately be tempted to if it would support a non-stop roadtrip.
Back from the Dead!