Sponsorship

Discussions full of RAGE!
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

so, merrick, are you saying that those who get paid do not climb because they love it? we seem to like to play these two against each other..if you make money doing it, you are greedy. if you are a dirtbag, somehow you are in a better, enlightened position? I doubt there are 3 sponsored climbers at the Red on any weekend, but I can sure as darn guarantee that there are 127 spraylords present...
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
MiaRock

Post by MiaRock »

i think it is also a matter of personality. some people are more laid back and don't really care to put forth the extra effort for sponsorship, whereas there are other people that are more aggressive and/or enjoy being in the limelight more.
excellent point mia....you are correct. ~ Pigsteak
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

eactly..I would say it is a personality issue, not one of how pure their motives are regarding climbing....
MiaRock

Post by MiaRock »

so what's your personality piggie? fame and glory, or just personal satisfaction?
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

knowing my inner child....as Casteneda says, taking the witness position...

are you kidding....climbing is 100% about ego stroking and exiting the 40 hour week...the stuff surrounding climbing, is 100% about friendships.
MiaRock

Post by MiaRock »

i have to be honest, if i was good enough i would be all over getting sponsored, hell yeah...why would i deal with a crappy job when i could just travel and climb?

but considering i'm a complete chuffer to the 10th degree i don't really have to worry about these things, however finding myself a sponsored boyfriend could be something to work on... :wink:
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

ok off subject, would someone enlighten me?

What does 'chuffer' mean, seriously is that some weird Lexington term? :roll:

Does chuffer = gumby?
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

even SoIll boys know what chuffer is....now for inbreds from columbus, I can understand the confusion...
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

so tell me great and enlightened pigsteak...I thought the so ill boys still use that gay duck-butt term

in Columbus we just call you WEAK!
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
MiaRock

Post by MiaRock »

rhunt wrote: What does 'chuffer' mean, seriously is that some weird Lexington term? :roll:
it is exactly a chuffer that would ask that question...