Time for new shoes......

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
skeeterth0mps0n

Time for new shoes......

Post by skeeterth0mps0n »

Hey there. It's that time again. Time to look for a new pair of shoes. I was wondering if anyone had any comment on shoes that they have used and liked. I have started trad climbing over the past month and know that it will make a difference in what shoes I will buy. I was looking for something a little better than the "all around rock shoe" that five ten and other places sell. Something with better rubber and that lace up. I will take any comment you have on the matter at hand. Thanks for your time.
What distant and different beings in the verious mansions of the universe are contemplating the same one at the same moment!"
Henry D. Thoreau (Walden)
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

I've been loving La Sportiva Miuras for the past three years. Last week I bought a pair of Anasazi velcros off a friend for cheap and they are AMAZING. They toe in great.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

I've had my La Sportiva Megas for two years now, and even with alot of use they're holding up great. Very comfy, great trad shoe. I have stopped using my 5.10 Moccasyms outside and now exclusively use these -- no problems sport climbing with them either!
Sarcasm is a tool the weak use to avoid confrontation. People with any balls just outright lie.

[quote="Meadows"]I try not to put it in my mouth now, but when I do, I hold it with just my lips.[/quote]
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

Well, for trad, if you don't want to spend a lot of cash but still want a decent quality shoe, try the Mad Rock Phoenix or one of the Evolv models. I don't use lace-ups for sport so I can't help you there.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
traddaddy

Post by traddaddy »

I had exclusively used La Sportiva's in the past, but now I have a pair of Scarpa Infero's that ROCK!
lordjim_2001

Post by lordjim_2001 »

I like my Mad Rock Phoenix. Comfy and technical enough for me and the laces are great for my narrow feet.
Screw you guys. I'm going bowling.
The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

Go to Walmart and check out the caterpiller work boots...they edge really good,and the rubber is very thick (20 mm ). They have lasted me going on 12 years of hard trad climbing...
If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains...You're lucky enough...
garageclimber

Post by garageclimber »

i got a free pair of mammut's extreme shoe... very stiff shoe lots of extra toe and heel rubber which seems like something you tradies would like and the edge is surprisingly excellent. it has vibram rubber and ive been bouldering in them and they've worked excellent... felt a bit narrow at first but ive worn them 5 times now i think and they are feeling really good.
john
its a 5.9 but if u climb it backwards and upside down i'd say it goes at 5.14c.... maybe d
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Muao Dib uses the Boreal Ballet Gold for Trad. The sole is super stiff and helps protect tender toes when camming and it's an ankle boot, which I think is pretty cool when your in cracks.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
EL_TREVOR

Post by EL_TREVOR »

i have miuras , mocassams or however you spell it , but the best shoe i have ever worn is the red chili dos eqiuos ( cant spell taht one eathier ) but i can toe in on tiny stuff they are kick ass shoes