Steepest route in the Red?

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
ynot

Post by ynot »

The webbing on trad climbs does get brittle and the color fades.After a few years of climbing you can almost judge how old it is. It's suprisingly still strong.On popular routes it gets replaced .
anyone know of any studies to determine the loss of strength due to weathering?
I am sort of curious.I know I have rapped off some manky stuff that held just fine
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney

Post by Guest »

The pat answer is to replace all soft goods after six months. Thats not what I do though. I dont think any of the companies are going to answer anything but that. It sells more goods when people replace their gear.
ynot

Post by ynot »

Forget the gear companies,I just want to know how weak it gets how soon.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

Well, I can only speak for my draws, but I left them out on Chunnel for the entire winter (winter is over, right...?) and they are in no worse shape than when I left them. Granted, they are ten years old, so they don't look very good, but they still open and close.

BTW, to whoever else is working Chunnel, I broke two holds at the lip (sorry). There is still some stuff there, its just not as big anymore.
Can't we all just get along?
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

I looked at Chunnel the other day and I have to say, it qualifies for ugliest climb in the world in my book. I am not a bit surprised that stuff broke off anywhere on it. I AM surprised that those blocks in the roof haven't come down though.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

Maybe someone should get up there with a crowbar and give them a nudge...

Be sure to film it if you do. I've always wanted to see one of those big rocks come down.
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

Ugly?????? You mean like a bull-dog is so ugly that it is beautiful? SM, does this mean you aren't going to work on it with me? :x

Come on, follow the path less traveled.....BTW, glad to hear that your training paid off. Can't wait to climb with you this season. It's your lead, right?
Can't we all just get along?
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

One Fall said:
It's your lead, right?
Yeah, I will hang the rope.....if you really want me to..... :D

You need to come back out to the Lode and get on Resurrection with me for sure though.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Yo Aaron, did you guys do Pink Sock yet? I wanna climb it this weekend.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
aaron

Post by aaron »

i think we're gonna work it at some point.
it has been seeping so we have left it alone for a while.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:34 pm.