commutative property of trad climbing equation

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
aaron

commutative property of trad climbing equation

Post by aaron »

alright, tell me what you think of my math...
hard bouldering is the key to harder sport.
hard sport is the key to harder trad.
therefore, bouldering is the key to harder trad.

so does this work out?

keep in mind that practice at all is necessary including endurance work outs to supplement the bouldering.

does this seem right to everyone?
JB

Post by JB »

stop doing math and read your assignment!!!
[size=75]i may be weak, but i have bad technique[/size]
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

I think harder trad is also the key to harder sport. That way you know when to pull some tricks out of your trad bag, like hand jams and foot cams and kneebars, on certain sport routes.

I know bouldering is the key to harder climbing in general, sport or trad, I just can't motivate myself to boulder indoors... outdoors is a different story, though... because then it's climbing outdoors and it all kicks ass. :)
Last edited by Yasmeen on Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
aaron

Post by aaron »

thanks for the reminder??
aaron

Post by aaron »

i meant!!
aaron

Post by aaron »

i agree on the sport tricks.

i'm thinking i should focus on bouldering this summer for trad this fall.
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

More Harder Climbing is the key to harder climbing.
Sarcasm is a tool the weak use to avoid confrontation. People with any balls just outright lie.

[quote="Meadows"]I try not to put it in my mouth now, but when I do, I hold it with just my lips.[/quote]
Wes

Post by Wes »

The key is to cycle between sport, trad and bouldering. Spend 2-3 months focusing on each one, then switch. Now that doesn't mean only do one, but kinda do one way more then the others. You can also cycle for longer time periods, like spend a year mostly bouldering.

They all help the others. You need each one, and you need to make sure you are doing many different types within each one as well. So, don't just focus on overhanging sport, do some vert and some slab as well when you are in sport mode.

Wes
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
aaron

Post by aaron »

yeah, i just wanted someone to check my math. my equation seems, at least to me, to be the fast track to hard trad.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Wow Wes, it seems like time away from Hueco has softened you a little... are you re-accepting sport and trad as legit forms of climbing again?
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)