Steepest route in the Red?

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
One-Fall

Steepest route in the Red?

Post by One-Fall »

I was wondering which route in all of the Red could be deemed the steepest route. Sport, trad, mixed, makes no difference. Any suggestions?
Can't we all just get along?
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Do roofs count? If so, then the roof cracks would win.

If they don't count then my vote is for one of those steep ass routes at the Bob Marley Wall.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Last edited by SCIN on Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

Roofs definately count. A few I had in mind where Tacit, Reticent, Blood Bath, Where's the Beef?, and "Chunnel".

SCIN, I have seen CT and HD (with you actually), are the others you said as steep as those? Trad as well?
Can't we all just get along?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I think reticent or tacit starts going back down towards the ground a little. Its hard to get much steeper than beyond horizontal. Did that make sense??
Living the dream
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Drug Pusher is a 8 foot roof.
Burden of Dreams is about a 25 foot roof (and probably one of the best routes in the Red).
Better Red Than Dead is about 25 feet also.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

And there's plenty more roofs to go down:

-Horatio
Wes

Post by Wes »

But, some of those roofs don't "climb" steep.

To me, you should use how much the route overhangs (distance from start to where you lower off), or the ave. angle of the routes. So, I would say some of the Motherload routes are steepest. Or maybe some of the 13's at torrent.

Wes
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Did you guys post all of those routes as links, or is that a new feature that routes will now show up as links automaticly?
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

It's just me trying to promote how cool the online guidebook is.

-Horatio