lexington rocks

Discussions full of RAGE!
aaron

lexington rocks

Post by aaron »

does antbody climb there? i went there this spring and i thought it sucked ass. now i just climb outside and make fun of gym climbers. any thoughts pimp?
longlegsrule

Post by longlegsrule »

We've already had this discussion...

http://www.redriverclimbing.com/viewtopic.php?t=1977
From Kentucky ;o)
chriss

Post by chriss »

I climb at Lexington Rocks quite a bit, and I think that they have some really good bouldering. If you are looking for some routes to climb they will not be the place. However, they have a good variety of bouldering. As in, a good range of difficulty levels and all kinds of diferent inclines on their walls. They also seem to put up different routes on a somewhat consistent basis.
aaron

Post by aaron »

i'm not so much looking for a discussion as trying to get pimp to confess to working at a gym. what turned me off of it was some australian(british?) lady bitching at me for my use of non chalk ball chalk, trying to turn the side of the bouldering wall into a fist crack, and using "unfit language". fuck gyms, climb outdoors. cold hands aren't that bad and the flourescent lighting causes brain damage.
longlegsrule

Post by longlegsrule »

um...I'm thinking a lot of the lighting in LR is from the skylights?

Was turning the side of the bouldering wall into a fist crack allowed...or what they had in mind...or safe?

just wondering
From Kentucky ;o)
aaron

Post by aaron »

there weren't pads under it and i had a spotter. didn't know about the skylights, just talking about gyms in general.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Lexington Rocks is a great gym and the woman you're referring to is Steffi, one of the owners and a big ol' sweetheart. Yea, you have to use chalk balls and that kinda bites but it's a super nice gym and they're just trying to keep it that way.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

Dammit Aaron,
don't make me send Pimp after you! :D

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
aaron

Post by aaron »

he can try and chase me but he has to puke all the time and won't climb up after me, LOL
kentuckysarah

Post by kentuckysarah »

he just has to puke after he drinks anything with alcohol.

Oh, wait...yeah that would be all the time :wink:
We're all in this together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears.

Old Crow Medicine Show