Searching for areas with mixed levels

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
neophyte

Searching for areas with mixed levels

Post by neophyte »

Hi I need your help! I climb with friends who are definitely definitely at climbing harder routes than myself. While they are very helpful and nice, I would like some suggestions of areas that have a mix of easier (5.9-5.10) to harder routes (5.12-5.14). (I am familiar with Torrent and Left Flank for this.) Any suggestions?

Thank you!
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

neophyte, That is so nice of you.. :wink:

RF
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Oil Crack Crag
Military Wall
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
neophyte

Post by neophyte »

not nice...DESPARATE!

I can't stand not knowing what to say any longer!

Maybe a whiddle piggy can help me?
neophyte

Post by neophyte »

SCIN wrote:Oil Crack Crag
Military Wall
Can you tell me what kinds of routes these areas are like?

for instance, I know Military is by Left Flank...so is the rock pretty similar? And other things that I can relate to are the swiss cheese at Torrent, the iron at Left Flank....

thank you!
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

forum bot at your service.....plugging your request into my formidable database, the answer to your request is that all climbing at the Red is alike...too many feet, too much chalk...downsize the crimps, put a bit more reach between them, and ...voila...you have a 12a...but never worry, there are always plenty of feet...

SCIN made the best suggestions if you are looking for a kind answer, and not some a-hole bot regurgitating yesterday's complaints....you can also always take a run on your friend's top rope...
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
neophyte

perspective

Post by neophyte »

pigsteak wrote:forum bot at your service.....plugging your request into my formidable database, the answer to your request is that all climbing at the Red is alike...too many feet, too much chalk...downsize the crimps, put a bit more reach between them, and ...voila...you have a 12a...but never worry, there are always plenty of feet...

SCIN made the best suggestions if you are looking for a kind answer, and not some a-hole bot regurgitating yesterday's complaints....you can also always take a run on your friend's top rope...
Pigsteak
Thank you for the info
Your my favorite forum bot
Your sass and concerrence with SCIN whatnot

We climbed at the Arena
Solar Collector too
I tried Ale 8 I looked like doo doo

I finally am leading again
top rope is my bain
My heights scaredness drives me insane

So thanks again for the words
and it did compute here
I am a thinking machine
you can call me bot extraordinaire.
Whatever you can do, or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
-Goethe
allah

Post by allah »

fuck rock!!!!!!!!!!
Power2U

Post by Power2U »

You mean Funk Rock...yeah that place is cool...bolted 5.10a to 5.13a. Good trad lines too! Vertical to slightly overhung...One steep 12a. Cool technical climbing contrary to Pigsteaks rants above. Light on the crowds due to a long but easy hike in to the cliff. Check it out on the on-line guide.

Orange Juce 12c, Manic Impression 10a, Prime Directive 11b, Go Easy Billy Clyde 12a, The Infidel 11d, Smoke'n Joe 11b, Hardcore Jollies 12a...all sport...Cruising Lane, Right of Passage & Headstone surfer cool trad lines all classic CHECK IT OUT :!:
Lest we all forget... climbing is a mostly meaningless pursuit that we do for fun.
DaggerX

Post by DaggerX »

I have a question for you? Did you not look at the guide book or the online guide book. That should be enough to give you a clue.

DaggerX

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:58 pm.