RRG Whipper videos on Rock and Ice website

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
MOB

RRG Whipper videos on Rock and Ice website

Post by MOB »

RRG climbers,

Please stop posting whipper videos to Rock and Ice. Taking a whipper on a 5.6 trad route, or while cleaning does not make you cool; you should be embarrassed and ashamed...
Do not post these online; or at least don't claim to be a climber of the gorge.

Thanks
proud RRG climber.
lena_chita

Re: RRG Whipper videos on Rock and Ice website

Post by lena_chita »

"While cleaning" is misleading... You didn't watch that video, did you? (the guy fell when a large foothold broke off, and he called it ' cleaning a new route')

But yeah, I was just thinking that RRG seems disproportionately represented in the weekend whipper videos.
krampus

Post by krampus »

Or does the red just have a disproportionately large gumby population
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
nitrousstone

Post by nitrousstone »

The kid on roadside literally was one of the poorest displays of traditional climbing I've ever seen.
MOB

Post by MOB »

Did not watch 'cleaning' video to clarify. Read title and was disturbed; and here I am trolling the internet... I have had my share of climbing fails/lessons learned...I caution others to think about which ones they share on the World Wide Web.
climbhigh

Post by climbhigh »

RRG climbers,

Please continue posting videos of you not having the "self-preservation", "common sense" or "unable to do to the math" genes. Not finding a mentor, reading as much literature as you can, practicing below your level until competent and assuming outdoor climbing is the same as the gym can be entertaining for the rest of the world, and I am not ashamed.....
Do post these online and please own up to being said climber so we can all point fingers as we leave the cliff when you walk up.

Thanks
Old grumpy RRG has been
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

Yes ^^^^^^^ What he said
nik

Post by nik »

we get it - you're smart, other people are dumb, it ain't like it used to be. blah blah blah. half expecting for this thread to turn into a rant against millennials.
climbhigh

Post by climbhigh »

Not smart at all, opposite really and other than millennials ruining beards and pbr I have nothing against them, they taste great and are a wealth of entertainment.....

not what it used to be ? has the laws of gravity changed over time or possibly everyone expects climbing to be this wonderful safe for the masses sport that has an easy entry level, that if done wrong could cost you your life. Different only counts if its better....
nik

Post by nik »

i doubt we disagree about anything. climbing is dangerous. it would be great if people received solid mentorship before transitioning outside. it would be great if everyone built an extensive library of skills before pushing limits, maybe especially when trad climbing. it would be great if everyone practiced LNT ethics, donated to the access fund, and carried a wrench on their harness.

it just gets old reading the same commentary on every article/video that touches on gumbyhood. it is what it is. gumbies are gonna gumby.