dry trad moderates

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
david.j.tighe

dry trad moderates

Post by david.j.tighe »

I'm heading down this weekend and looking for some trad moderates that will stay dry in the rain. I'm mostly interested in 5.7 and 5.8, but I have led up to 5.9 trad at the gorge. I'm interested in sport as well but less so because of crowds. Dry sport moderates get crazy when it's wet.

The obvious choice is Fortress but I've done almost everything there that I can. I've also been on Autumn and Rock Wars, though I wouldn't mind giving them another go. If you know of a place that would suit my goals I'd love to hear about it. I realize the online guidebook rates routes for dryness but I've noticed that a lot of routes lack that metadata. I'm hoping there's some stuff I should know about but can't find out about by reading the guide.

Thanks in advance. I don't get out nearly enough so I'm determined to make the most of the weekend regardless of weather.

Best,
David
milspecmark

Re: dry trad moderates

Post by milspecmark »

Did you use the advanced search? I ran one using your criteria and found nothing but 1 and 2 star routes. All lower than 50 feet tall.
david.j.tighe

Post by david.j.tighe »

Yes, I have tried the advanced search though I found quite a bit more than you did. I'm asking here because I noticed that for a lot of routes "stays dry = unknown," which presumably means nobody ever entered that metadata for those routes.
Willy

Post by Willy »

Hens Nest stays dry
david.j.tighe

Post by david.j.tighe »

Thanks Willy, I might check that out. Do you know anything about the closures there?