Newly-bolted route at Chica Bonita - Name & Grade?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
ghuffster

Newly-bolted route at Chica Bonita - Name & Grade?

Post by ghuffster »

The online guidebook comments on Darling Dirtbag 5.8 R (Trad) note the newly-bolted route, also just before the rockhouse, bolted by Joe Leismer. Does anyone have a name & grade for this?
climb2core

Re: Newly-bolted route at Chica Bonita - Name & Grade?

Post by climb2core »

My Way or the Highway. 5.9
joe leismer

Post by joe leismer »

Sent the route info to Ray. My Way or the Highway. Had several people climb it with a 5.9 consensus. Route is open for climbing, 80 feet, high foot start with bulges and slab towards the top. Spent a lot of time cleaning the route and will be an ongoing endeavor. Hope people enjoy it, cleared some ground area for the belayer and those walking by. Beware of friction if you top-tope.
joe leismer

Post by joe leismer »

Sent the route info to Ray. My Way or the Highway. Had several people climb it with a 5.9 consensus. Route is open for climbing, 80 feet, high foot start with bulges and slab towards the top. Spent a lot of time cleaning the route and will be an ongoing endeavor. Hope people enjoy it, cleared some ground area for the belayer and those walking by. Beware of rope friction if you top-tope.
ghuffster

Post by ghuffster »

Thanks for the responses. Nice route, Joe. Thanks for your efforts in setting it and cleaning it up. We really enjoyed the climb. Solid 9, interesting start, nice and tall, and the slab at the top mixes up the terrain nicely. Some small stuff on the lower, vert section was breaking off; but it seemed like a normal part of the breaking-in process. It makes a great addition to the crag.
joe leismer

Post by joe leismer »

Thank you for your feedback.