RRGCC Purchase #3 - 1161 Acres and counting

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

Josephine

RRGCC Purchase #3 - 1161 Acres and counting

Post by Josephine »

Check out the RRGCC's newest purchase!

www.rrgcc.org/brrp
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
milspecmark

Re: RRGCC Purchase #3 - 1161 Acres and counting

Post by milspecmark »

Great news. Thanks for sharing
climbhigh

Post by climbhigh »

Well played. I remember bushwhacking that area between sore and choco in early 2000's and wishing it was ours. Bolted a few lines back there and did some trad lines well before the real development started and always wondered if folks would get to enjoy it "legally". Much less the Motherload, wow, awesome work guys and gals !
Nick

Post by Nick »

That is seriously an amazing purchase, thanks to everyone at the the RRGCC for your work! The cliffs that make up the chocolate factory, the lode, and bear's den are as good as rock climbing gets in the known world!

I was just curious about the extent of the area covered by the purchase. Is it all the land from the dripline of the these crags down to the road edge?

Either way it is good to know access is secure now, I'm sure most people were like me and didn't even consider that the land was private. With as many people regularly climbing in the Red and the chaos that is the Fall scene, I think the community should be able to crush $100k if everyone throws down just a little!