Motherlode Hill

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
clif

Re: Motherlode Hill

Post by clif »

sounds like there needs to be a 'Navigating the Lode Hill' clinic at Rocktoberfest
training is for people who care, i have a job.
pumpout2004

Post by pumpout2004 »

All joking aside, thanks for the update 606. Glad to hear it is in the works. Just out of curiosity does anyone know, historically, how often the hill gets bad enough that it needs regrading? My climbing habits are sporadic enough that I lose track of when the road is bad or good, but it seems like it is every other season or so? Or maybe more often? Just curious.
Chuffer juice!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Seems like they do it once a year and are aware of how many climbers visit in the fall. Usually gets fixed before R Fest.
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

I think they graded it back in the the spring too. There are also oil interests which contribute to the local economy in the form of a severance tax payment.
There is no TEAM in I
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

606Climber wrote:Does anybody know who usually takes care of the roads, and whos responsibility it is? The counties? Oil Company? RRGCC?
Bald Rock Road (and Fixer Road) is a county maintained road in Lee County. Based on your comments after this one you figured that out.

I noticed last week that there is fresh gravel above and below the hill. They also fixed the erosion problem between the motherlode parking lots. The hill still wasn't graded as of last Friday.
There is no TEAM in I
monty4355

Post by monty4355 »

The road up to Coal Bank PL is also really bad and people were parking like morons below the steep part on Saturday.
606Climber

Post by 606Climber »

Ascentionist: yea the county said they had worked on the road a little. The washboard section should be fixed soon though.

Monty: I highly doubt the county will contribute to coal bank road. I'm not sure who has taken care of it in the past. Our best bet is to get the oil company to get a dozer and do a little work on it. I'll see what I can figure out.
chandler

Post by chandler »

Coal Bank grading alone will do little until a drainage issue is addressed. RRGCC land management has visited Coal Bank with road crew and dozer operator in last couple weeks. Plan in works.
606Climber

Post by 606Climber »

Motherlode hill has been graded.
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

Good news, thanks for the update.