Motherlode Hill

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
businessprofessional

Re: Motherlode Hill

Post by businessprofessional »

The Motherload Hill is BLASTED! If you go down it in a 2WD with low clearance you will probably crash and die. And that ain't good.
whoneedsfeet

Post by whoneedsfeet »

businessprofessional wrote:The Motherload Hill is BLASTED! If you go down it in a 2WD with low clearance you will probably crash and die. And that ain't good.

If you die can I have your stuff?
Skipping cruxes is a way of life.
businessprofessional

Post by businessprofessional »

If by “have my stuff” you mean “struggle to carry on a joyless existence knowing that your sole source of inspiration and all around life-hero is crushing classics in a heaven that you will never know” then yea, you can have my stuff if I die.
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

I have a Jeep (finally after years of driving low clearance 2WD vehicles in places they had no business being) and climbing out of Bald Rock right now is a rough affair. I put it in 4WD low and crawl out, but it still rocks me back and forth like a sleep-deprived new momma. The creeks are low right now so you might be able to rock it in and out from Fixer Road (Coalbank area) for the time being, but likely if you can do that you can climb Motherlode Hill.
There is no TEAM in I
J-Ru

Post by J-Ru »

Instead of "4 Low" try using "4 High". Low doubles or triples the torque which will actually cause slippage and skidding of your tires. 4 Low is usually for towing and will act more like a 2WD when driving on gravel.

Use 4 High and some modest momentum. The principles are the same as in mountain biking gear selection and use of momentum...
pumpout2004

Post by pumpout2004 »

See rule 2 above
Chuffer juice!
DrRockso

Post by DrRockso »

4-lo is for when you are stuck. I put it in 4-hi and crawl out no prob, or leave it in 2wd and get some momentum.
vertical1

Post by vertical1 »

I haven't had to put it in 4x4 but I just crawl up, very little wobble, and no spinning.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Hope it's fixed by Rocktoberfest or it will be a real shit show
clif

Post by clif »

I'm surprised the heroic developers haven't organized an app friendly social engagement activity to fix it. somebody save us! :(
training is for people who care, i have a job.