Partner& some practical info - 20 october - 22 november

Need a partner?
José

Re: Partner& some practical info - 20 october - 22 november

Post by José »

milspecmark wrote:At the grade you are climbing, you are going to love the red.
I've waited for about 5 years to finally plan this trip, partly because I wanted to get a bit stronger to try some nice lines, so yes I'm hopeful to climb some nice routes!
Last couple of questions: How many draws do the average route take? Is it normal to leave draws in your route in the RRG? And last but not least: tempertures, I guess mid november can get pretty cold? Take propper warm clothing with me?

Thanks for all the usefull replys :)
nik

Post by nik »

average route? i don't know, 8 draws plus anchors. 12 draws will get you up the vast majority of routes.

leaving draws up is generally frowned upon, though it does happen sometimes. best to plan on cleaning every time out.

november can be cold, yes. as in, below-freezing at night. you will definitely want cold-weather clothing, especially if you're going to be camping.
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Newbies climb 12c/d and 13a/c?????? I want to be a newbie again!
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Most classic hard routes have permadraws. If the route is a short term project and draws are hard to hang or clean, leave them up and just make sure to grab them before you leave. Some areas it is not ok to leave them up so ask a local or post up on here before doing so.

Good luck and have fun.
José

Post by José »

Cathy wrote:Newbies climb 12c/d and 13a/c?????? I want to be a newbie again!
Don't worry Cathy, I'm not a freeby to climbing, i've been sportclimbing for about 10 years. I'm just a newby to the Red River Gorge :D
DB1981

Post by DB1981 »

Jose, I'll be at the RRG for a week in Nov if you need a partner. I'll email you details.
joeNY

Post by joeNY »

Hey Jose, I will be there from Oct 23 to Oct 28. Would you be interested in partnering up? I climb 5.12. Thanks.
PaintsClay

Post by PaintsClay »

Hello Jose from Utrecht!! :)
José

Post by José »

Its pretty awesome climbing here! Just to bad wifi is so bad... so I'm missing out on this helpfull forum ;)
I've already met some great people, but if you are still looking for a climbing partner, feel free to PM mee!