Pebble Beach OW Right of Ju-Ju

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
KatieR

Pebble Beach OW Right of Ju-Ju

Post by KatieR »

Does anyone have any beta on the off width crack to the right of Ju-Ju and to the left of Sundance at Pebble Beach? I climbed it last week and followed it out left to finish on Ju-Ju. It was lovely and I'm shocked it's not recommended as a variation. Does it have a name? What do you reckon it goes at? Who put up the FA? Have you climbed it? Did you love it as much as I did? Thanks!!
GWG

Re: Pebble Beach OW Right of Ju-Ju

Post by GWG »

I can't answer all your questions about that crack. I climbed it a few years ago and really enjoyed it. A lot of fun just laying it back and walking it up.
chandler

Post by chandler »

It must get a fair amount of traffic. I saw people on it this spring, and again this fall. Seems like a nice little intro to OW, especially since can be TR'd off its neighbor's anchors.
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

Its always just been an alternate start to Sundance. Reckon the FA was probably sportos in the late 80s.
There is no TEAM in I
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

I remember getting on that thing the first day 512OW and I went out climbing together! Jeff and ynot were there, and ynot snapped this shot of Kris beta-charading me through that route.

I love this site's archives.

11/2003
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
ynot

Post by ynot »

I did Zambeizi that day. the hardest part of the top of it I'm fighting with gear and 512 is at the anchor grinning with a camera. weeks later Jeff hands me an 8 by 10 in the parking lot at Miguels. It's still in my office. love that pic
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Great day indeed! Good times great people. Mr Dub took a pic of me on the try hard part of Brauntosaurus which is in a frame. In a box somewhere. The day I learned that BIG vocals can come from a small(er) woman ;)
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

So cool how we all remember a somewhat random day. Love it. :D
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
captain static

Post by captain static »

Awesome photo! Love the knee hole jeans on Kris and Yasi's tape gloves. Truly a classic.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
ynot

Post by ynot »

After breaking couple of hundred dollar cameras ,I stopped taking climbing pics.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney