Miller Fork Climbing Guidebook 1st Edition

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

Lateralus

Re: Miller Fork Climbing Guidebook 1st Edition

Post by Lateralus »

Did the books dodge the pirates? i.e. could I pick up a copy @ Miguel's this weekend?
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Yep. They landed at Miguel's last weekend. :-)
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
lena_chita

Post by lena_chita »

And it is awesome! Love the crag stats, and the breakdown of rain/sun/stars/grades per crag all together up front, for at-a-glance decision making.
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

Yes, this book is so good. I like the part about the history of how the walls were named and about the art.
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

Thanks for all of the work, look forward to picking up a copy and checking out the area!
Percy Gerutty
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! Means a lot. We put a lot of effort into doing something different and didn't know if folks would love it or hate it.

Have folks noticed the coupons to local businesses in the back? Great savings back there and the book pays for itself if they're used. Realizing we didn't do a good job advertising this.... Locals got free ad space and so they gave back by giving a discount.

Michelle
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

I did not notice this but I will definetely use them. Thanks for the heads up.
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

This guidebook sets a new standard for climbing guidebooks. Really liked the intro maps which helped filtering crag visits based on climbing, type , stars, sun aspect etc. The illustrations, loved some (family graveyard) , hated some (the spider chick lol) just my opinion, they added a nice artistic element to the book regardless. The directions (probably the most difficult part of a guidebook) could use work in places but overall never got lost. Bolt counts were off sometimes but I'm assuming things got added after counts were done-- in the end one can step back and count them anyway, not a big deal. The photography was excellent, Elodie is a very good crag photographer. The overall structure of the guide was excellent , each fork as sections, photos of routes near descriptions, etc. The route descriptions were very accurate and often had us laughing. Thanks again to the team that worked on the book and to all the developers of Miller Fork, can't wait to return!
Percy Gerutty
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Very cool of you to take the time to offer feedback. Much appreciated! We took some risks and honestly didn't know if folks would love it or hate it.

Any bolt count errors may be sent to millerfork@redriverclimbing.com. Please don't hesitate to let us know! As for hiking directions, that's a moving target as new trails are being, and will continue to be, added by the RRGCC (which is needed!).

Thanks Lateralus! Hope the Cannibal Queen grows on you eventually! She's one of my personal favorites. :-)

-Michelle
MrFizz

Post by MrFizz »

I really love all the art work on the inside of the book, but personally I think the front cover should be reserved for a bad ass climbing photo
What would crush with Arnold's tank?