Looking for climbers for photography project

Need a partner?
redphotog

Looking for climbers for photography project

Post by redphotog »

I'm a photographer and professor at a college in Louisville Kentucky. I am currently working on a photography project where I'll be photographing rock climbers using an old 1800's era wet plate camera (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collodion_process). These will be individual portraits before or after your climb...I don’t want to bother you while you are onsite to climb. The portraits will be part of a photography exhibit at another college in Louisville in October and I'm hoping to produce a small run art book in the future. I will definitely be set up at Miguel’s on the upcoming weekends that I'm free and maybe other locations as well. If you would be interested please contact me thru the forum to let me know when you will be visiting the gorge to climb so we can set up a time to meet. Each person I photograph will receive an archival quality paper print of the portrait I make of them.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to photographing you

Chad
milspecmark

Re: Looking for climbers for photography project

Post by milspecmark »

That sounds really cool. When will you be down there exactly in October?
redphotog

Post by redphotog »

thanks for your interest milspecmark. I will be there in October as well, but any images I take at that time will be for later exhibitions and the book. Will you be there in October?

Chad
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

I will be. Most likely a few of us. I usually go down there every other weekend and I am interested
jobryan

Post by jobryan »

PM sent
redphotog

Post by redphotog »

Mark, I'll post on here when I'll be there so you will know. I look forward to meeting you and your climbing buddies. jobryan...I sent texted you back since I cant figure out how to reply to my PM.

Thanks!
MoHAlixPr

Post by MoHAlixPr »

Hey Chad,
I live in the gorge at Miguel's and would be down. Just let me know the day and the weekend.
-Alex
woman

Post by woman »

what an awesome project--can't wait to see some of these wet plate portraits!
"Take revenge...shit on a pidgeon."
redphotog

Post by redphotog »

Looks like I will be down Saturday and Sunday this week and I'll be set up at Land of the Arches campground. Please stop by if you would like to have your image made or even to see what’s up and talk. I'll be the one with the huge old wooden camera..LOL Can’t wait to start making images, should be interesting!

Chad
redphotog

Post by redphotog »

I'm at the land of the arches campground on the right side of the Quonset hut. Can't wait to meet everyone.
Chad