Good walls for kids

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
philip_sallee2

Good walls for kids

Post by philip_sallee2 »

Hey guys,

Anyone have any recommendations on any good places to take small kids climbing aside from Muir Valley? My son is 3 and half and has really shown a lot of interest in climbing and is not content sitting on the ground anymore while we climb. I have a harness which fits him well and have spent some time climbing trees with him and getting him comfortable hanging and swinging around. I would like to find some small boulders or rock faces that are less than vertical and pretty juggy for him to get comfortable using his hands and feet, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Philip
lena_chita

Re: Good walls for kids

Post by lena_chita »

philip_sallee2 wrote:Hey guys,

Anyone have any recommendations on any good places to take small kids climbing aside from Muir Valley? My son is 3 and half and has really shown a lot of interest in climbing and is not content sitting on the ground anymore while we climb. I have a harness which fits him well and have spent some time climbing trees with him and getting him comfortable hanging and swinging around. I would like to find some small boulders or rock faces that are less than vertical and pretty juggy for him to get comfortable using his hands and feet, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Philip
Well, there is the Nursery in Miller Fork. And IMO kids at this age will quite happily climb the same wall/route over and over. If anything, they prefer it, because it is familiar/less scary.
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

Can you lead?
philip_sallee2

Post by philip_sallee2 »

Thanks for the feedback about Miller Fork. Yes, I am comfortable leading.
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

ok, do you lead Trad?
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Chaos Wall
Ottice Webb

Post by Ottice Webb »

Chaos is chill, just don't get on King Ducky tho... :lol:
philip_sallee2

Post by philip_sallee2 »

King Ducky looks easy for the little dude. I climb trad as well.
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

Fortress wall is really good. Lots of easy trad there. Also, cavers route is fun. For sport climbing, Eureka is a clasic easy route that kids love