RV - Dirtbag Home - The Last Bastion of Funk

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
leftwich

RV - Dirtbag Home - The Last Bastion of Funk

Post by leftwich »

It's a 1977 Argosy (Airstream's rv line) motor home affectionately known as "The Tootsie Roll". For all intents and purposes it is a 27' airstream perched on top of the chassis of a '77 gm 2 ton truck. It only has 82,000 miles, it runs and drives great, just don't expect to go much over 65mph.

See images on this cool website http://mountainproject.com/v/rv---dirtb ... /110390592

I have lived in it for the past couple of years; it is set up for camping with hook-ups and as such will need some tuning to get it ready to stay in out on the road "dry" camping.

It is located in London, Kentucky, a little over an hour from Lexington, Knoxville, and the Red.

It has been rumored that drinking moonshine in The Tootsie Roll increases your ability to climb roof cracks and your stamina in bed (validity of results may be in question based on the size and mental state of the sample group).

It has also been hypothesized that Warren Harding wished he could have had one of these but was never able to get one (100% conjecture based on facts that may or may not be true).

It is an older piece of Americana so it is constantly in need of some type of attention, but the motif is certainly hard to beat and these are not easy to come by. I'm asking $4,000.

Oh yeah, and it has an air horn.

Send me your contact info if you're interested and I will call you with details (and probably want to tell you a story that has nothing to do with RV's).

Adam

PS: It has been pointed out to me that I should clarify that "The Last Bastion of Funk" is a reference to the 70's decor and not a reference to a lack of proper hygiene.
climbhigh

Re: RV - Dirtbag Home - The Last Bastion of Funk

Post by climbhigh »

the tootie roll is a mighty fine piece. I was lucky enough to be in London the night you brought it home. I cannot vouch on the stamina benefits of mixing it with moonshine though.....if I was traveling at all, I'd buy it. Since I'm not, someone on here definitely should !
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Damn. Getting ride of the tootsie roll... It was fun while it lasted.
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
clif

Post by clif »

ark_2.jpg
thanks for keeping the dream alive. i wish cars still came with jetpacks instead of gps.
training is for people who care, i have a job.
leftwich

Post by leftwich »

Yeah. I've moved on to bigger and better things... my new house is all of 200 sq ft. I will be missing this rig though.

We drank beer and rode it around the farm again to say goodbye Saturday night... in a related story, it turns out that the air horn isn't as funny to people who are sober and sleeping.
climbhigh

Post by climbhigh »

Those with no sense of humor deserve no compassion......
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

How many feet/gallon does that thing get?
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
leftwich

Post by leftwich »

It runs off funky tunes and gypsy tears.