Who got out on Sunday?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
J-Ru

Who got out on Sunday?

Post by J-Ru »

I'm curious what the climbing was like on Sunday... were the walls wet, was there a lot of seepage, did you find some dry routes and if so, where?
Savage

Re: Who got out on Sunday?

Post by Savage »

Climbed at Solarium and Arsenal. pretty good conditions, particularly on the right side of solarium. I did put my hand into a pond on Abiyoyo. The wall wasnt wet at all, but there was a pool in the waco jug near the top. The top of bundle looked a bit wet, but everything else on the wall was dry.

Arsenal seemed fine too.

Saturday was God-awful. Single worst day of climbing that I can recall. Went to Miller Fork (Infirmary) and the walls were terrible. Everything was dripping wet and the rock that looked dry, really had a layer of condensation on it. Hangers were sweating, and friction was non existent. Sunday made up for it.
MurphMan

Post by MurphMan »

We went to Miller Fork Sunday and it was beautiful! Some of the stuff at Infirmary was dry, mostly the overhung routes in the middle of the crag. There were a couple routes that you would have gotten wet going for the chains. Also went to Monastery and everything that was past vertical was dry there too.
lena_chita

Post by lena_chita »

J-Ru wrote:I'm curious what the climbing was like on Sunday... were the walls wet, was there a lot of seepage, did you find some dry routes and if so, where?
Solar Collector and Darkside. Tops of some routes were wet. But rock felt decent, no seepage. Obviously it wasn't good condition to be in the sun.
J-Ru

Post by J-Ru »

That's great to hear! We were debating it and did not go. It sounds like we could have found some dry lines and seepage wasn't as big a deal as I thought. Next time!
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

I wanted to make a run to MF sat but didn't get the chance, how bad are the roads? passable? can anyone give me a sit-rep? it wont be for a bit before I can get equipment out there either way. still way too wet.
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

The roads down to MF were not in good shape on Saturday.

Sunday was great weather; almost too hot to climb in the sun.
Savage

Post by Savage »

DriskellHR wrote:I wanted to make a run to MF sat but didn't get the chance, how bad are the roads? passable? can anyone give me a sit-rep? it wont be for a bit before I can get equipment out there either way. still way too wet.
As raiden said, they were not in good shape. At the end of the long hill (where you turn right) there was a 1ft. deep (and also wide) trench that was washed away from the rain. It was passable if you hugged way left and then made the turn after the road flattens a bit. Still a trench but it wasnt as bad. All the ground there is pretty soft, so I think that would grade back out nicely.

The bigger problem was after that turn, down the flat road. There is a huge cast iron pipe under the road that was quite exposed after it backed up and washed away the road. The outlet side (the left as you drive in) of the road was rather caved in. We stacked up a bunch of big rocks to help level it a bit and allow passage.
pumpout2004

Post by pumpout2004 »

Any word on the lode hill and the roads in PMRP? 2wd manageable?
Chuffer juice!
kurktj

Post by kurktj »

pumpout2004 wrote:Any word on the lode hill and the roads in PMRP? 2wd manageable?
Motherlode hill is bumpier and soggier than usual but there were a few 2wd's at the Chocolate Factory parking yesterday. Motherlode parking lot is a sty.
Road to Sore Heel is very rutted and mushy, especially at the sharp turn at the top of the hill and before the Curbside parking. You could probably get stuck or mess your vehicle up if you hit those spots wrong, even with AWD.

I'm not sure about the road to Coal Bank.