Linville Gorge Pop up

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
tradist26

Linville Gorge Pop up

Post by tradist26 »

Hey All,

I was curious if there are any camping spots suitable for a pop up in the linville Gorge NC area (possible ones with water/electric). Never been there before so just looking for a little bit of insight.

Thanks
dfspau2

Re: Linville Gorge Pop up

Post by dfspau2 »

I think the Main camp area has drive in spots... I'm not positive about this though if not I know it has a parking lot and I'm sure you could set up there... The main parking area is still a bit of a trek from the main crags however... and some of them can be hard to find (prepare for bushwhacking)...
"He who makes a beast of himself relieves the pain of being a man..." -Dr. Gonzo
TradMike

Post by TradMike »

There are places to pull off the gravel/dirt road to set up (just before the paved road near Table Rock). They say no camping in the parking lot at top but you can camp nearby in a tent. No water / no hookups. NC Wall is remote and wild. Table Rock is a short hike.
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

It's been a long time since I've been to Table Rock but I remember the parking lot being congested in the fall even for regular cars, much less pulling some kind of trailer. If you had a pickup with a camper you'd probably be okay. I'm sure there are campgrounds nearby. Search Pineola and Linville, NC.

There's a Daniel Boone Family Campground off 181 near the middle road into TR according to Google Maps
There is no TEAM in I
TradMike

Post by TradMike »

Ever feel like you are in the twilight zone? Yes, that is an empty parking lot and not a single soul to be seen or heard and in full fall color. Climb on!