wall name

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Andrew

wall name

Post by Andrew »

There is a wall in Miller fork that has a few old routes (2) on it. Most people I talk to call it the vine wall. My dad and I bolted 4 new 3 star lines :wink: on the more vertical left side. I am not a huge fan of the name vine wall, but that is what people call it.

What does the community think?
Is vine wall a dumb name?
Should the wall name be changed?
Should the person who bolted the first routes get to name it?(possiblly Rob McFall)
What should the new name be?

PS this wall is out past Fruit Wall and just past The Portal.
PSS Kipp thinks the name "the Portal" is stupid
PSSS Kipp is stupid
Living the dream
Cromper

Re: wall name

Post by Cromper »

Check with the Schneid brah
captain static

Post by captain static »

When we were looking at the land this wall to me was impressive due to the height. As I'm sure you know the name comes from the poison ivy. So just kill the vines and rename it. But seriously talk to Rob & Chris, I don't think they'd mind if you changed the name.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

To make Kipp smile, re-name Vine Wall to The Other Side of The Portal.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
lena_chita

Post by lena_chita »

Is Vine Wall and dumber than Fruit Wall?

As long as it is easily pronoinceable, and not something like "idiotconstipatorgetsobsessed.com wall", who cares! ... but then again, it will just get abbreviated to "idiot wall", so... that's O.K. too.

Oh, and speaking of names, I have a request for route developers. Can you please bolt a wall where all 5.easies will have names along the lines of Deadly Struggle Scarred for Life Trepanation Skullfuck Rebel Pain F in the A, and all the 5.hard routes have names like Soft Fluffy Bunnies, Pretty Butterflies, Cute Little Kittens, and Sparkly Pink Rhinestones?
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

lena_chita wrote:Is Vine Wall and dumber than Fruit Wall?

As long as it is easily pronoinceable, and not something like "idiotconstipatorgetsobsessed.com wall", who cares! ... but then again, it will just get abbreviated to "idiot wall", so... that's O.K. too.

Oh, and speaking of names, I have a request for route developers. Can you please bolt a wall where all 5.easies will have names along the lines of Deadly Struggle Scarred for Life Trepanation Skullfuck Rebel Pain F in the A, and all the 5.hard routes have names like Soft Fluffy Bunnies, Pretty Butterflies, Cute Little Kittens, and Sparkly Pink Rhinestones?

Yes, my next 5.5 I will call "Lena Likes To Suck Dick while Taking It Up The Ass". Let's make sure to get out together, so you can explain that to my 6 year old when we tell him what route route he is getting on. ;)
Cromper

Post by Cromper »

climb2core wrote:
lena_chita wrote:Is Vine Wall and dumber than Fruit Wall?

Yes, my next 5.5 I will call "Lena Likes To Suck Dick while Taking It Up The Ass". Let's make sure to get out together, so you can explain that to my 6 year old when we tell him what route route he is getting on. ;)
Wow.
tradotto

Post by tradotto »

That escalated quickly!

What about Hitchhikers Wall?

Could name routes things like "Don't Panic" and "Slartybartfast" or "42"

too nerdy?
Flunker

Post by Flunker »

The vine wall seems OK to me. The name is both descriptive and the traditional name. Ultimately, in my opinion, it's up to whoever put in the first routes to decide on a name.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

No harm intended! I just emphasizing why names like a 5.5 Skull Fuck might not be the best name :)

BTW, I totally agree with Flunker. Let the name stay.