Dog in Sore Heel

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
@@@

Dog in Sore Heel

Post by @@@ »

A very friendly dog came up to us in Sore Heel, followed us to the parking lot, then chased our car to the Motherload parking lot. There were no cars left anywhere, maybe a stray but seems like someones pet. Here is a photo.
dog.jpg
Raiden

Re: Dog in Sore Heel

Post by Raiden »

I'm pretty sure this is the same dog that was hanging around our group at the shire in mid-May. He was very friendly and seemed to be hungry. I figured he was a stray since he didn't have a collar and he had ticks/bugs all over his ears and neck.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Poor guy! I hope someone can rescue him soon.
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

a lot of people dump dogs in the PMRP and Muir areas since they know they have the best chance of being adopted by soft-hearted climbers. I've actually found 2 dogs in Muir - one my mom adopted and one found a new home via Lago Linda's connections. Hopefully someone will adopt this guy soon. He reminds me of Wes' dog Solar (found at solar collector)
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

A couple of friends tried to get him yesterday. He's very smart and would let them get close, but they couldn't touch him.
craig.smith1

Post by craig.smith1 »

His owners live just before the top of the hill as you head down to the Motherlode. I think they just give him the run of the place. We stopped at the house on top of the hill to inquire if he was a stray were given the story.
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

And herein lies the cultural differences from the locals and most of you climbers. It's perfectly fine in rural counties to let your dogs roam. Makes for happy dogs. I don't care for it because I ride my bike on most of these lonely roads, but I can take care of myself with a can of Halt! and a well placed kick.

The reality is most of the southern region climbing areas are someone else's backyard and most of those someone's aren't as uptight about pet ownership. Before you "adopt" a pet from a trailhead please make sure it really needs a home and your salvation.
There is no TEAM in I