skin

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
merrick

skin

Post by merrick »

ok, so now that i am back in the south and on all the great sandstone around here what are some peoples tips for maintaining skin. I am used to rock that removes chunks of skin or literally slices through, not this stuff that slowly wears your skin off like sandpaper.

when your tips are raw, does lotion help them heal faster or just make them tear apart faster the next time?

superglue? before? during? after?

i hate taping my tips, how many people do it?

please, give me that secret beta so i can climb more.
Back from the Dead!
captain static

Post by captain static »

Tincture of benzoin.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
allah

Post by allah »

Use Cortizone !0 at night before bed, andthen first thing in the morning put it on, it will make it to where there is no buring of the tips, trust me on this, i have used it on 5 day none stop bouldering in bishop and 3 days straight on the sharpest route at the red, it takes about 45 min. to soak into the skin and then you should be good for the rest of the day
Spray Lord

Post by Spray Lord »

I've found that rubbing the menstrual blood of virgins on the tips of my fingers helps to cut down on pain and skin loss and also helps to appease the evil spirits that guard the anchors of some of the red's more demanding routes.

If this doesn't do the trick, then try the Cortizone.
In case you misunderstood, I wasn't soloing in reality. I was just bouldering the beginning of that route. I see no glory in soloing... unless it gets you on the cover of Rock & Ice.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Hey Spray Lord, maybe you could use the vomit I just created after reading that post...
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Spray Lord

Post by Spray Lord »

Yes, I've found that vomit can also help ease the pain of injured pads and cut back on skin loss. Thanks for pointing out the oversight Yasmeen.
In case you misunderstood, I wasn't soloing in reality. I was just bouldering the beginning of that route. I see no glory in soloing... unless it gets you on the cover of Rock & Ice.
Christian

Post by Christian »

snarf barf. snarf barf. snarf barf.
I try to be a good man but all that comes
of trying is I feel more guilty.
Ikkyu
specialed

Post by specialed »

There is some skin cream that is for horses hooves that is saturated with Vtamin E and protein that works amaizing. I forget what its called but if you go in to a holistic store or look on the net I am sure you can find it. here's a link: http://www.pbshorsehealth.com/cgi-local ... ?E+scstore

I tried this stuff after my frist time bouldering at the gunks. I was bleeding from all my fingers and after applying the cream, the next day, my fingers where made out of steel. But with a little more friction...and not ass prone to corrosion...and not so shiny. Ok not like steel...But it worked... :lol:
superfly

Post by Guest »

Ask Josie at Miguels. She's got the most f'd up hands outside of a zoo.

the first time I met her she was at the load using a pocket knife to remove the superglue from her tips so she could put more on. Then she wrapped the tips in tape while the superglue was still wet. She then ascended Snooker.

WTF
kato

Post by kato »

Hoofbuilder - get it at Wal-mart in the pet section. Also, eat gummi-bears. The gelatin will help your tips. Good luck with the virgins.
No chalkbag since 1995.