News re Muir Valley

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

J-Ru

Re: News re Muir Valley

Post by J-Ru »

climb2core wrote:Miller Fork looks like a rip off in comparison.
Don't forget...
http://www.muirvalley.com/announcement.html wrote:...they created an impressive infrastructure, ultimately spending over a million dollars of their own money.
They are proposing a gift for which they have spent over $1,000,000. It is not reasonable to compare that gift to the purchase of MFRP and make the conclusion that MFRP was a rip off.
clif

Post by clif »

i'll send a pm-
training is for people who care, i have a job.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Savage wrote: To ensure this, I think it is perfectly reasonable for the climbing community to get a budget and a plan for the upcoming years. If they want the community to foot the bill, we should know what we are paying for.
It is a non-profit, dependent upon charitable donations. As such, it will ASK for donations for demonstrable need and it will be up to the community to decide if and to what extent it will support those endeavors.

ie. FoMV could budget for a monorail in 2017, but if they don't have the cash and the community doesn't financially support it, then no monorail. That being said, as a 501(c)(3) non profit they will obligated to transparently share the financials each year.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

J-Ru wrote:
climb2core wrote:Miller Fork looks like a rip off in comparison.
Don't forget...
http://www.muirvalley.com/announcement.html wrote:...they created an impressive infrastructure, ultimately spending over a million dollars of their own money.
They are proposing a gift for which they have spent over $1,000,000. It is not reasonable to compare that gift to the purchase of MFRP and make the conclusion that MFRP was a rip off.
J-Ru, it was making an extreme example of the relative value of Muir. It wasn't an attempt to put down MFRP, but instead to highlight the extent of the generosity.
krampus

Post by krampus »

Looks like I have to dig even deeper this year. I rarely climb there but I do want MV to be around after my dogs die.

It gonna be hard, the coalition puts a lot of effort into fund raising (A LOT). Their efforts have created a likely projection of the size of the pie that the comunity has ingreedients for. I have not seen the books and I don't have an MBA but my question is whether the FOMV have considered this (and future projections) when taking on this challenge? It would seem to me this goal is at the very best is the equivilent of MV asking for 200%, but likely 300% to 400% of the available pie. Will bolt and coalition fundraising have to be put on hold? It's an awkward position the community has been put in so I can understand certain frustrations but it is what it is.

And what it is is time to start dancin. Those of us who care, we gotta dance and pass the hat around, its the only way possible. We need those duckets, we gotta spread the word. Anybody have any human statue experience? Loyalty to the coalition is mandatory cus our land can't be taken back but we have to support Muir as well. There has to be enough pie for everyone.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

^^^ word^^^

The same thing I was saying, but I bet it will be taken a little better. Jump on him Potts, c2c and roto.
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
J-Ru

Post by J-Ru »

Assumptions
  1. Of those who donate to Muir:
    1. Some will donate more to meet the challenge.
    2. Some will not donate more in spite of the challenge at hand.
    3. Of those who donate more, few will maintain the donation level in the future.
  2. Of those who do not donate to Muir:
    1. Some will make a one or two time donation.
    2. Some will begin a modest continual donation.
    3. Some who have a different climbing world view will not donate.
Observations & Questions
  1. From above: 1(c) and 2(b) are the untapped potential.
  2. From above: 2(c) can be ignored, but NOT ostracized.
  3. What is realistic budget post 2015?
  4. How much does the average donation flow already cover?
  5. How many of 1(c) and 2(b) are required to meet this budget?
  6. What is the average donation?
  7. Consider forcing 1(c) and 2(a) to donate through paid parking requirements.
    1. During the off-season it is on your honor.
    2. During the high season, man the lot.
    3. Certain donation levels get all year parking.
    4. Certain higher levels get reserved parking.
Nerd out over.
Rotarypwr345704

Post by Rotarypwr345704 »

ynp1 wrote:^^^ word^^^

The same thing I was saying, but I bet it will be taken a little better. Jump on him Potts, c2c and roto.
The difference is, krampus sounds like someone who actually gives a shit. You wanna talk about the Weber's posts being passive aggressive, but yours are downright aggressive.
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.
ted

Post by ted »

soooo..the big ass elephant in the room. Why not hand over the property to the rrgcc? I think they have done a good job with limited funding.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

ted wrote:soooo..the big ass elephant in the room. Why not hand over the property to the rrgcc? I think they have done a good job with limited funding.

Ha ha.. Ted, you don't get out much, do you? lol