News re Muir Valley

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

weber

News re Muir Valley

Post by weber »

We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau
ray
Site Admin

Re: News re Muir Valley

Post by ray »

$200,000.00 for two years of operating costs! :shock:
weber

Post by weber »

We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau
Liz_Weber

Post by Liz_Weber »

Thank you for your interest, Ray. No the $200,000 fundraising goal does not represent “$200,000.00 for two years of operating costs”.

Quoting from our announcement: The goal is:

“raise $200,000 to cover Muir’s 2014 and 2015 operating/maintenance expenses, to fund expenses associated with transfer of ownership, and to establish a stewardship fund for the property."

That means the $200,000 is:
A. To cover Muir’s 2014 and 2015 operating/maintenance expenses, and
B. To fund expenses associated with transfer of ownership, and the establishment of a stewardship fund, and
C. To establish a stewardship fund for the property.

Donations made in 2014, either to FOMV or to Muir Valley, count toward this goal. This includes donations made this year prior to our announcement.
cliftongifford

Post by cliftongifford »

Thank you Rick and Liz for all you do! You're amazing people with amazing goals and an amazing attitude! Muir Valley is a spectacular climbing area that has become one of the best crags in the world. We very much appreciate your generosity and hard work!
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

Looking foward to donating this year. Thank you very much for your hard work
clif

Post by clif »

i believe there are a lot of people who are grateful to the Weber's for making so many different dreams come true
training is for people who care, i have a job.
Ken84il

Post by Ken84il »

No number to big! We can do it!! Looking forward to donating some of my time again this year!
rene

Post by rene »

This sounds like great news.

I have one question though - what happens if FOMV doesn't reach the $200,000 goal? Where does the money go? Who would be in chare of Muir Valley then? Hopefully this is not an issue, but $200000 is a lot of money in 1 year!
Liz_Weber

Post by Liz_Weber »

Great question, Rene. Look for the answer to this question and to some other questions we have been asked on the Muir Valley Facebook page as we get time to answer them, probably tonight. For this afternoon, we have an overflowing parking lot of visitors to Muir and a great group of volunteers from Warren Wilson College with whom we are working. I'll get to the questions as soon as I can.

And, in the meantime thank you to each of you for all of the positive, encouraging comments, both here and in PMs, as well as on our Facebook pages.

Liz