Spiny Norman

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
JAmundsen

Spiny Norman

Post by JAmundsen »

Has anyone done, or know someone who has done Spiny Norman? I am trying to determine if the route I had added at Emerald City is actually Spiny Norman.

What I had added I called Toto's Escape. The description in the book and online guide both seem sufficiently vague and there are a few other grungy cracks between the ledge routes and Friable that add even more confusion. There's a picture for Toto's Escape in the online guide book for reference.
dustonian

Re: Spiny Norman

Post by dustonian »

Haven't done it but I always thought that crack in the photo was Spiny Norman... but then again it might not be...
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

I always thought that was Spiny Norman too. It seems like it would be the most attractive crack in the area to those crusty old traddies that couldn't follow the bolts to the top of the wall.
There is no TEAM in I
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Who's done Friable?? That second pitch looks so damn good!
JAmundsen

Post by JAmundsen »

Maybe rjackson can get in contact with Sco Bro who seems to have done it (made a comment on Spiny Norman, at least). But I think they're one in the same. Maybe a slight update to the description for Spiny Norman is in order as well to decrease confusion for the next victim(s).

Dustin - I think Mr. cromper has done Friable. I'm just not into that sketchy rock on the traverse left...
hamsco

Post by hamsco »

I have always thought the picture in Toto was Spiny Norman. I might have tried it but could never find the start. I was looking from the ground, left of the ledge.
No creeds, manuals, or special translations
TradMike

Post by TradMike »

I think I did Friable one day if it is that huge layback rounded flake looking crack to a roof. I was not willing to to go left and top it out from there so I down climbed the entire thing. It is kind of confusing what is what.