Climbing video thread, Vol. 1

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
J-Ru

Re: Climbing video thread, Vol. 1

Post by J-Ru »

ynp1 wrote:But that was not music, it was the worst shit I have heard in awhile. I am not that picky about music, but damn.
Actually, some of the music is quite good... Lykke Li at 5:00 for example.
Rotarypwr345704

Post by Rotarypwr345704 »

You know who ALWAYS has good climbing videos? Climb2Core.
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

Concerning the bouldering video, is the road you see and hear in the background of the first problem I-75? I think I recall Pigsteak relaying info from Wilson that a particular area further south was off 75 and was just wondering if that was from that area.
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

it is. just a few miles before exit 49 (specifically 1.1 mile after the Sand Hill Road overpass). about 50' off the road. there's also a pretty decent rock shelter up the drainage a bit.

it's one of the best free standing boulders i've ran into.

Dream Boat (5) ***: starting matched in the undercling, find some trickery to move up the slopey arete. very unique for Kentucky. (Kupferer)

Titanic (7) ***: sit start with a good right hand pinch and a left hand edge. bump left to a mediocre pinch and heave for the lip. finish on Dream Boat. (Wilson)

Hiatus (9) ***: start on left hand undercling and a low pinch in the middle of the roof and pop hard to the lip. use crimps and slopers to get right to finish in Dream Boat. used to be a bit easier until some fat dude broke the start. (Grosh) .

Parts of an Alphabet (10) ***: start low compressed on a left hand pinch and a tiny right hand crimp. lunge to a pocket, drive by to a jug, and finish in Mass Transit. (wilson)

Mass Transit (7) ***: start on the far left side of the boulder and traverse right on pockets. lay out to a bad right hand dish in the middle of the boulder, find the feet that work, and throw around the corner to finish up and right. . (Wilson)
haunted.
B-rock

Post by B-rock »

Rx2Climb

Post by Rx2Climb »

http://www.elementalclimbingclub.com/lo ... ing-media/

Quite a few good RRG videos here.

Thanks to the ECC for posting these
Drugs are Cool!