I’m a “local”

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
kkschm

I’m a “local”

Post by kkschm »

By the USDA’s standards, living within a 300-mile radius of the RRG is local. By Bobby "Buck Wild" Grigsby’s standards, an indigenous Appalachian and four-wheel enthusiast, you’re a yankee. Before you act like a jackass and claim to be a “local”, think about how people in Slade and the much smaller surrounding area depend on tourism.

I recently saw a guy, claiming to be local, tell a tourist he could go home if he didn’t like that his lunch was being eaten by his unleashed dog—his justification was that he lived here (he owns a crag-side piece of property at Solar Collector I assume). The tourist and his climbing partner left the crag and probably the RRG to preach about how ignorant Kentuckians are. If you find the owner of a dog named Isabella, he should be punched in the nuts.
tbwilsonky

Re: I’m a “local”

Post by tbwilsonky »

Kentucky Sandwich Law clearly allows for dog/sandwich kerfuffles assuming ownership of an ATV and a sufficiently hyperbolic 'mountain' nickname.
haunted.
kkschm

Post by kkschm »

tbwilsonky wrote:Kentucky Sandwich Law clearly allows for dog/sandwich kerfuffles assuming ownership of an ATV and a sufficiently hyperbolic 'mountain' nickname.
I want to be your friend
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

ok!
haunted.
lena_chita

Post by lena_chita »

kkschm wrote:By the USDA’s standards, living within a 300-mile radius of the RRG is local. By Bobby "Buck Wild" Grigsby’s standards, an indigenous Appalachian and four-wheel enthusiast, you’re a yankee. Before you act like a jackass and claim to be a “local”, think about how people in Slade and the much smaller surrounding area depend on tourism.

I recently saw a guy, claiming to be local, tell a tourist he could go home if he didn’t like that his lunch was being eaten by his unleashed dog—his justification was that he lived here (he owns a crag-side piece of property at Solar Collector I assume). The tourist and his climbing partner left the crag and probably the RRG to preach about how ignorant Kentuckians are. If you find the owner of a dog named Isabella, he should be punched in the nuts.
On the contrary. The owner should be commended (and the dog should be given choice marrow bones) for clearing out Solar Collector of useless trash, such as food-containing backpacks and tourists.
kkschm

Post by kkschm »

Ouch! Do you have a dog named Isabella?
lena_chita

Post by lena_chita »

kkschm wrote:Ouch! Do you have a dog named Isabella?
Ouch! Do I look like an idiot who would name her dog Isabella, or go to Solar Collector on a weekend? :lol:
Rotarypwr345704

Post by Rotarypwr345704 »

lena_chita wrote:
kkschm wrote:Ouch! Do you have a dog named Isabella?
Ouch! Do I look like an idiot who would name her dog Isabella, or go to Solar Collector on a weekend? :lol:
1. MEGA BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
2. We're not sure what you look like... Show us your boobies!
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.
kkschm

Post by kkschm »

Last edited by kkschm on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kurktj

Post by kurktj »

Talk about a dog off her leash