Ticked Off About Tick Marks

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
kkschm

Ticked Off About Tick Marks

Post by kkschm »

The Red River Gorge is not some disgusting public restroom where you can piss all over the seat and feel shameless about not wiping it off—it is a beautiful geologic area that you have somehow decided looks better with your hopeless graffiti on it.

Using tick marks while climbing a route is fine; leaving your landing strip sized lines on the route after you’re done is being an asshole. If you want to cut feet using the shittier hold and that’s what works for you, do it, but wipe off the evidence of your stupidity so it doesn’t overshadow the better hold that can be used statically by the next climber. Have some respect for your fellow climbers and for non-climber visitors who come to admire the cliffs.
lena_chita

Re: Ticked Off About Tick Marks

Post by lena_chita »

Sounds like *someone* is upset because he blew his onsight by trusting a tickmark...

Yeah, wiping a tickmark off will REALLY improve the look of the rock. It will make people magically not notice the giant CHALK patches over every hold. i have a better idea: everyone should follow my example and stop using chalk altogether. If you don't have a chalk bag on you, you wont' have chalk to make a tickmark, in the first place. :)
toad857

Post by toad857 »

tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

military industrial tick marks are the worst, bro.
haunted.
kkschm

Post by kkschm »

lena_chita wrote:Sounds like *someone* is upset because he blew his onsight by trusting a tickmark...
That is absolutely right haha I was at the anchors! Not using chalk would be a better solution and I admire you for doing so, however, I still "need" it :) I'll just brush it off and bitch about it when others don't. Just wanted to stir the pot to see what kind of reaction I would get--thank you for contributing (not being a smart ass...this time)
Bum

Post by Bum »

But... but tick marks make the rock look so much prettier!

Rotarypwr345704

Post by Rotarypwr345704 »

kkschm wrote: Just wanted to stir the pot to see what kind of reaction I would get

If you're going to stir the pot, you might as well save someone named Ian the effort of googling you for hours and hours on end and just go ahead and post your picture here. Because that's how we handle heathens here. If we don't like your kind, we post a picture of ya. Be safe out there...
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.
kkschm

Post by kkschm »

Tigger,

You're as creepy as your picture, but you have taken my comment the wrong way. I merely tried to bring up an important access issue in a way that is guaranteed attention. I am a 14 yr. old girl, so if you still want my picture, I suppose my parents would ok with it.

Krissy
clif

Post by clif »

catfight?
training is for people who care, i have a job.
Rotarypwr345704

Post by Rotarypwr345704 »

kkschm wrote:Tigger,

You're as creepy as your picture, but you have taken my comment the wrong way. I merely tried to bring up an important access issue in a way that is guaranteed attention. I am a 14 yr. old girl, so if you still want my picture, I suppose my parents would ok with it.

Krissy
And you have taken my post the wrong way. I merely tried to make fun of someone else other than yourself. I'm not interested in your picture unless you have something hanging between your legs... So if you wanted to send me a picture of your daddy, I guess I would be ok with it.

Tigger
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.