Break in at Southern Region (Again)

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
weber

Break in at Southern Region (Again)

Post by weber »

Last Sunday, some friends left their car with lots of valuables at the top of the hill above the Lode parking area. Like many new visitors to the area, they were unaware of the practice of LNV (leave no valuables) in cars parked down there. One of the items taken was an i-pad which was turned on and led the sheriff to the thief. Break-ins will undoubtedly continue either by Mr. T's gang or others. Warning signs and warning notices on the RRGCC website would not be a bad idea. The locals know the drill, but visitors don't.

Raylan (or Keith), where are ya when they need ya?
Last edited by weber on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau
milspecmark

Re: Break in at Southern Region (Again)

Post by milspecmark »

Wow! I am glad they got him back in Jail. How many times can they catch this idiot and let him out again?
EricDorsey

Post by EricDorsey »

Seriously what a joke. How many times can you go to jail for the same thing? Throw away the key already....
Cromper

Post by Cromper »

Lol community scapegoat
tactless

Post by tactless »

So what I'm understanding by this is that we should all climb at Muir Valley and no where else? - sounds like a great plan to me - thanks for suggesting that rick :-) I drive my car and park in front of numerous businesses, I park on the street upon occasion. I don't require them to post signs saying don't leave valuables in the car. It doesn't matter where I park my car, I expect if I leave valuables they may get stolen. The businesses and public streets on which I park don't post signs. I wouldn't expect the RRGCC is under any obligation to do so either. That is an issue of common sense. If people don't have that - they shouldn't be climbing at all because they're just going to get themselves or others hurt or killed.
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Throw more signs at the problem!
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

Harsh crowd. I think he was just trying to spread the news to help others.
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

I know he is. But, i don't think more signs are needed. They are a bit of an eyesore... Go to MV and you will know what I mean.
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

ynp1, I go to Muir frequently. When I think of Muir Valley, I don't think about the signs being an eye sore, I think it is a beautiful place. It is their own land that they have every right to do what they want with. People should be thankfull not critical. But at the same time, I can understand why you would express your opinion of not wanting signs in the pmrp to preserve the more natural look. I just hate to see people jump all over the Webers when they are only trying to help.