thank you

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

Paul3eb

thank you

Post by Paul3eb »

after six years of volunteering for the red river gorge climbers' coalition, today is my last day on the board. for me, it is a sad, humbling day.

i can honestly say these years volunteering on the bod have been some of the most most satisfying of my life. i'm honored to have shared conversations about protecting climbing and its future with just a small portion of the amazing, compelling, smart, and most importantly, passionate people out there fighting for you and the climbing destinations of your tomorrows. chances are pretty good that the last place you climbed took hundreds on hundreds of hours of some folks', some volunteers' blood, sweat, and tears. thank your local climbing organization and thank the access fund for everything they do.

one person in particular deserves mention and my personal thanks for his contributions. rick bost was president of the rrgcc for the year and a half before my term began. few people have pushed the organization as a whole as he has and have been a truly organizing and motivating force. rick has been there with me for the past six years and the rrgcc next month, his own six-year term will expire and the rrgcc will lose him, his passion, and his unrelenting enthusiasm for finding a way. when you see him on the wall, make sure to thank him for all he's done and wish him well in his next adventures.

i'm proud of what we've accomplished. there are still many challenges before us. the mfrp is at the beginning of a long, arduous journey.. but it is not the only battle we have to fight. education, environment, existing crags, and as yet undiscovered crags all need our attention. tomorrow needs a strong, steady, and ever-present coalition representing climbers' interests in the region.

now a new group of climbers has taken the torch. for those of you who don't know bentley, know that you have a leader at the helm that has and will continue to fight the tough battles for you. he will take this organization far wide in our successes on all fronts.

but to be successful, bentley and the rest of the volunteers on the board of directors need your support. they need your sweat, your voice, and your donations. however you're able to stand with them, stand with them. support this board, support this mission because they are fighting for you day in, day out, fighting for the rrgcc's mission - protecting climbing in the red.

to everyone, thank you for letting me be a part of this amazing organization's history. i'm honored to have had the opportunities i've been given and i'm humbled by what we've done and undertaken.

thanks,
paul
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
One-Fall

Re: thank you

Post by One-Fall »

Thanks for everything, Paul. You will be missed.
Can't we all just get along?
Cromper

Post by Cromper »

Thanks Paul! Now you can do some climbin!
KD

Post by KD »

Well done Paul!
GWG

Post by GWG »

Thanks Paul.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thanks Paul.
Living the dream
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

Thank you Paul and all.
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
clif

Post by clif »

asshole?

-thanks for all the good things you've help make happen and you're part in maintaining the rrgcc's legacy.
training is for people who care, i have a job.
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Thank you, Paul. Such a long run of being active in the community. It stems from how great of a person you are. No-one can fake it for that long. :)
krampus

Post by krampus »

your dedication has been greatly appreciated
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared