Creek side cafe

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Josephine

Creek side cafe

Post by Josephine »

Got a southern alpine start this morning and wanted to try this place.

Apparently they only serve home-style buffet on Sundays until 2:30. (not a fan of that kind of cooking). And they close at 8 pm.

Is this place worth going to? If someone knows the owners are they ever planning on being open after a day of climbing? I try to leave the cliff at 8 so I'll never make it before they close.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
Jeff

Re: Creek side cafe

Post by Jeff »

Do you think their business plan should revolve around your climbing agenda?
Cromper

Post by Cromper »

Jeff wrote:Do you think their business plan should revolve around your climbing agenda?
Bam. x2
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

Cromper wrote:
Jeff wrote:Do you think their business plan should revolve around your climbing agenda?
Bam. x2
I know it's hard to believe, but I'm not the only climber that stays out late. Look at Miguels and Rockhouse - both packed at 8pm. In fact, the rockhouse had about a dozen cars on the grass across the street at 8 pm yesterday. They're packed at 9pm. On friday/saturday they're packed at 10pm. Creekside Cafe is missing a whole segment of the market. Climbers start before noon and end after 8. To put in a business and leave out one of the largest tourist groups is not a good business practice.

Since neither of you said it was good, I'm guessing you haven't been there either (probably because you were out climbing too).
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

Yeah, cuz climbers are where all the money is at. Pathetic. It's good food. I'll let them know to get in touch with you so they can adjust their schedule to your t-ball schedule, bingo night, menstrul cycle, or whatever it is that keeps you from enjoying there good food. I hear they serve a mean dick you can choke on
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

dairy queen is where it's at.
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

awww - thanks Anti.

I guess I should formally apologize for my poorly worded and arrogant post. This business appears to WANT to cater to climbers (with names like "climbers club" on the menu). If a business really wants to have climbers, I just want someone to let them know that closing at 8 is a bit too early. I realize there are some dirtbag climbers that come to the red, but there are plenty of climbers that have real jobs that come to the red and spend their money (as evidenced by long lines at both Miguel's and Rockhouse).

At least I know Anti likes the dick they serve and with that great recommendation I'll have to give it a try this winter :-)
whoneedsfeet

Post by whoneedsfeet »

Yes because working 12 hours a day everyday for a small restaurant owner to stay open for some climber to just turn up their nose about the food is a great idea. Try this, leave the crag at (gasp) 7pm and try the food for yourself and stop bugging everyone on the site with your dumbass questions.
Skipping cruxes is a way of life.
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

don't hire any of these assholes for customer service. sheesh.
haunted.
davidterrill

Post by davidterrill »

Thanks Josephine, I do know the owner and I will let her know about the long lines etc. and we will see if she can adjust her hrs. for more customers.
Dave @ LOTA
David Terrill
Land of the Arches
http://www.landofthearches.com