When is the best time to eat before working out?

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
ralst4

Post by ralst4 »

Congrats on the new job Lynne!!! Who is it with?

ralst4

Post by Guest »

Thanks, Chris! But if I told you, I'd have to kill you. 8)

Are you going to climb this season, boy?
ralst4

Post by ralst4 »

Absolutely Lynne!!! I am starting to work on my endurance so I will be ready for the approaches.

See ya,
ralst4
lucamaniac

Post by lucamaniac »

Lynne, where's this Y at that you go to and how much is the membership. I went to the ortho today and he wants me to start walking in a pool. I'll probably do this in the morning 3 to 4 days a week for the next couple of weeks. Doc says I'm healing up good, that I'm not gonna need any surgery, and that the swelling and color changes are normal. He wants me full weight bearing in four weeks. He wants me to start out in a pool because of the weight loss you get. I'll then progress to using just one crutch, and then using none at all. This is the best news I've gotten in four months.

Post by Guest »

Hey Luca, the Y I go to is the Northeast Y on Hurstbourne, between Shelbyville and Westport Roads. I'm not sure if that one is convenient for you - I know there are several in the Louisville area. I pay quite a lot for a family membership ($60 or 65/mo), but I don't know what the individual rate is. Probably just over half that. They will give you a free day there if you are considering joining, including a tour. They have freebies for members, too, like programs (ie swimming lessons) and time with a personal trainer. You get coupons for those when you join and also again every year on your anniversary of joining. Check it out. Heck, maybe your health insurance would pay for part of it if your doc writes a script for the water therapy!

That is great news on the ankle. I hope you aren't going nuts!
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Luca, agree with Lynne.......check with your ortho about outpatient aquatic therapy. We provide outpatient physical, occupational, and speech therapy at our Y, including aquatic tx. It may not be available at your Y, but some hospitals in larger cities have pools for aquatic tx. Your insurance probably pays for it if you haven't already exhausted your visits. Our patients really benefit from this therapy. Best to you.........hope to see you out and about this summer! dipsi
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
lucamaniac

Post by lucamaniac »

I'd try that if I had insurance, but I don't. I've heard that we get a discount at the Y through work. I'm gonna call in the morning and find out.

And no, I'm not going crazy ....yet.
acacongua

Listen to your body

Post by acacongua »

from a distance runner, it's best to just listen to your body. You can train your stomach to handle eating and immediate subsequent rigorous activity. For me, I like to do long runs so I eat at least 1.5-2 hours before running and if it's one of those days when I am hungry all the time, I carry a nutrition bar or those gummy fruit snacks.

also, it's good to eat carbs before working out to fuel up and lots of protein afterwards for muscle recovery.

Cheers,
hoss

Post by hoss »

I usually try to scarf a couple power/cliff bars and down several redbulls. Protien vitamins and speed, the breakfast of champions :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:07 am.
Today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.