Cops setting up checkpoints

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
dustonian

Re: Cops setting up checkpoints

Post by dustonian »

Two weeks ago my friend handed over his pitiful little stash after being threatened with the dogs and the "if we find anything we'll take you to jail" line. He didn't have much, but sure enough they didn't arrest him and he only ended up having to pay like $150 after appearing in court in Campton the following week.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

"My friend"... Uh huh. Ok
doogievlg

Post by doogievlg »

clif wrote:i come up through Jenkins/Pikeville and there are quite a few long stretches with blind curves and the authorities enjoy setting up 'License checks' but of course it's a dragnet for dui's and assorted improprieties. i find sitting in the back seat the whole ride helps me maintain perspective.
Pike county cops are shady, do you go through that area alot?
I love jugs
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

I PERSONALLY spoke to some local folks yesterday and the road blocks are being set up mostly under state police. I voice concern on behalf of the climbers about getting harassed needlessly. The local gov in lee co is aware and are hopefully taking steps to reduce road blocks as much as they can.

FYI this was not an action on behalf of the RRGCC. It was me voicing concern as a tax paying landowner in the area.
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
CLIMBTRAD

Post by CLIMBTRAD »

krampus wrote:Does anyone know anyone who just handed over their stash like the cops asked "just give it to me now, and I wont take you to jail" and all that? I'm asking seriously because I want to know the outcome of that old line. I know one guy who gave up his shit and still went ot jail, but he had a crapton of shrooms.
Yes this will work for the DNR guys..Not sure about the State boys. More than once i have seen the DNR guys come busting in to a camp,asking for pot.. With the same story. Hand it over you get a ticket. If they have to find it you go to jail..
Now i have been to lee co. jail for the night. My wife and i were arrested and placed in jail for public intox. After watching us from the woods in the dark, they came out as soon as they saw us take a shot. 1 night in jail and $125 ticket for both.
The weed fine is up to 225 bucks and rising every year. They are making a ton of money off campers in the gorge. I had a cop tell me he handed out 17 poss. tickets and it was only Friday. They still had to hit Tunnel Ridge Rd. and by suday he would give out at least 20 more. He said it was so easy these stoners just hand it over all the time.
Other drugs and being drunk are sure way to go to jail in this area. Also have all your paperwork in order if driving anywere. Remember they can do what they want and the DNR guys do not follow the same laws as the state boys.
Rebolting the RED one stainless steel glue in bolt at a time!!
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Bottom line: RRG is no longer the right place to have good ol' wasted fun. Unless you're into burning kiosks and vandalizing cars, of course, then you're good to go.
Cleveland

Post by Cleveland »

Where are they setting up the roadblocks? I used to hear of them setting up at Nada Tunnel. Also I have always heard that when setting up a roadblock it must be made public knowledge as to the date and time. Not sure if this just an urban legend or if it's true. If it's true can we get a local to post the info?
"Do it"
clif

Post by clif »

found this while sipping some coffee, didn't really look around-

if you google 'kentucky state police checkpoints' you can get a list of state police "Post" numbers, i assume regional designations.... list within each of the counties, etc..

http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/post.htm
http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/post ... points.htm

doogie, never had any trouble through Pikeville area. fact is, in close to 20 years only trouble i've had is in the gorge area proper (swimming!!, it's not safe), one checkpoint down closer to Va...

ok, as helpful as i've tried to be i've hit a roadblock on post 8 which includes Menifee and Wolfe counties, no specific locations are listed.... the info might be out there but i'm out of coffee.
training is for people who care, i have a job.
krampus

Post by krampus »

Cleveland wrote:Where are they setting up the roadblocks?
It used to be outside Nada tunnel only then they figured out people were taking the long way out. Now its both nada tunnel and at the interstction of 715 and chimney top rd.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

There are regular checkpoints on 11 too, especially on Friday and Saturday nights.