Sport Climbing Season

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
dustonian

Re: Sport Climbing Season

Post by dustonian »

Training sux. No shame in climbing 5.12 for 20 years!
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

pigsteak wrote:lee, the latest issue of climbing had a letter write in that fits you to a tee..the guy says that he might need "help" as he finds himself liking training more than actual climbing. he goes on to posit that training will become a discipline it and of itself much like bouldering or sport climbing..people will now be able to say 'oh I am a trainer" and it will be its own subset and discipline.
While I do enjoying training (prolly too much), what keeps me motivated is the line that is just out of reach. The one that is so beautiful you lose sleep over it.

Just found me a new one.
Can't we all just get along?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

One-Fall wrote:
pigsteak wrote:lee, the latest issue of climbing had a letter write in that fits you to a tee..the guy says that he might need "help" as he finds himself liking training more than actual climbing. he goes on to posit that training will become a discipline it and of itself much like bouldering or sport climbing..people will now be able to say 'oh I am a trainer" and it will be its own subset and discipline.
While I do enjoying training (prolly too much), what keeps me motivated is the line that is just out of reach. The one that is so beautiful you lose sleep over it.

Just found me a new one.

and...
Living the dream
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

interesting.....I am not sure I can honestly say I have ever lost sleep over climbing or a route.....

new cliff line on the other hand....I have pretty much decided I am a developer and no longer a real climber.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

pigsteak wrote:interesting.....I am not sure I can honestly say I have ever lost sleep over climbing or a route.....

new cliff line on the other hand....I have pretty much decided I am a developer and no longer a real climber.
It took you THIS long to figure that out?
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

Wheatley, Sugar Magnolia. Your style. Save a few days to help me out on it. There is good karma in it for you. You need some after all those sand bags.
allah

Post by allah »

Hahahahahaha!!! Are my draw still on that route One-Fall? Lol
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

allah wrote:Hahahahahaha!!! Are my draw still on that route One-Fall? Lol
Yeah, but not for long :)
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

do we need to send c2c out first to make sure it is bolted and equipped properly?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

One-Fall wrote:Wheatley, Sugar Magnolia. Your style. Save a few days to help me out on it. There is good karma in it for you. You need some after all those sand bags.
Sweet! Team Wheatley can replace the bolts then ;)

Beautiful line Kenny... thing was getting gangbanged this fall.