Ground fall 11-21-12

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
tpowell

Re: Ground fall 11-21-12

Post by tpowell »

What exactly happened? Did pro blow? Anchor fail? Rope slice? Shot by locals? What's the story?
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

His god smote him for liking pork and white women. As long as he gives those up, he will most likely have a long and fruitful climbing career.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

Saxman wrote:His god smote him for liking pork and white women. As long as he gives those up, he will most likely have a long and fruitful climbing career.
and beer. i think his god doesn't like beer either ;-)
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

everyone loves pig....everyone.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
RALY

Post by RALY »

I brought Saifu and his family back a bunch of food for Thanksgiving.

I made the mistake of grabbing a ton of ham. I was rather abashed.
chriss

Post by chriss »

camhead wrote:Any more details? Route? Circumstances?
Any more info on the accident? Anything that we can learn from? Saw the ambulances on our drive out. Happy to hear that the climber is recovering!
kneebar

Post by kneebar »

No word on what happened".........I don't know anyone involved so let's just be asses as usual and start speculating and making up stories. I'll start, the belayer was using a reverse loaded gri-gri while hanging out in the hammock petting his aggressive dog, eating a snicker bar and checking out the ladies right before he fell fast asleep. The leader forgot to tie in and thought he was on a toprope after consuming a tasty magic brownie. Seems logical and a totally believable story.

But seriously, have a speedy recovery.
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

Seems this site is now rife with concern about safety and this would be an excellent opportunity for education and analysis. We all learn from mistakes...
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

i assumed it was gri-gri camping (which seems to be the standard for 'experienced' belayers), but - shockingly - it wasn't. from what i've pieced together, it appears the belayer's feeding hand was on the rope and prevented the gri-gri from camming when the leader fell. the only thing slowing the fall was rope/skin friction.

glad he's not hurt worse and hope he has a speedy recovery.
haunted.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

That's what you call GriGri Freeze.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio