Who's line is it?

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
climb2core

Re: Who's line is it?

Post by climb2core »

Andrew wrote:
Michael_W wrote:Didn't know until this morning that EGBG had attracted some attention. I suppose it is part of my learning curve that I bolted it precisely as I did. I expect this will disappoint some, but the younger Wheatley had nothing to do with bolting that route. Yea, he keeps trying to take credit for all the cool stuff I put up. But, that's kids for you. Rag him all you want. You have my permission. 8)
Damn dad.. Maybe your worst attempt of defending your son. You and caribe are now on my black list.

You are a dad now, you should get it.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Honestly Ian I don't think anyone really gives 2 shits about the whole thing, except maybe mighty Meg ... you just created a nice excuse for everyone to spray down a bit during a horrendously boring work week smack dab in the middle of the nicest weather window for climbing all year... woe is us.

Now, off to the Lode and then Choco for a spectacular new rap-bolted sport route just teeming with sketchy potential tricam placements! Later suckers!! ;)
clif

Post by clif »

climb2core wrote:...We should not ignore those who question new climbing developments or who are concerned about ethical and stylistic matters; how we climb does matter. The point is that we need to maintain some humility about today’s issues ...

Worth reading, and somewhat supportive of Pigsteak.
nonsense, show me a Pigsteak post with even the slightest signs of humility-
training is for people who care, i have a job.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Humility... He is the only that has it. Everyone else's viewpoint has assumed they have some superior ethical ground to stand on and that their position is somehow better.
clif

Post by clif »

you've clearly have not understood what you've read
training is for people who care, i have a job.
TradMike

Post by TradMike »

Minimizing bolt use, particually where trad gear will work well, protects climbing for future generations. Look at the top of Fuzzy, pretty soon there won't be any locations left to place a bolt. Even stainless glue-ins will fatigue fail over time.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Consider for just a moment that it is you that has it backwards. Give up the hip belay and look to the future.
LK Day

Post by LK Day »

climb2core wrote:Consider for just a moment that it is you that has it backwards. Give up the hip belay and look to the future.
When your position is indefensible just resort to lame put-downs.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

LK Day wrote:
climb2core wrote:Consider for just a moment that it is you that has it backwards. Give up the hip belay and look to the future.
When your position is indefensible just resort to lame put-downs.
trust him on this one.....
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
EricDorsey

Post by EricDorsey »

Michael_W wrote:Didn't know until this morning that EGBG had attracted some attention. I suppose it is part of my learning curve that I bolted it precisely as I did. I expect this will disappoint some, but the younger Wheatley had nothing to do with bolting that route. Yea, he keeps trying to take credit for all the cool stuff I put up. But, that's kids for you. Rag him all you want. You have my permission. 8)
Thanks Mike and Andrew. Looking forward to getting on it this weekend!